Mineral Water (Wine Package)

allen.crawford

We are thinking of buying the Wine Package (Special Selection). But before we do, we are hoping that someone can tell us what brand or type of water is the "Mineral Water" in the package?

Also, if you happen to have bought this package, what did you think of the wines?

We just got back from the Atlantica 2/13-2/20 we ordered the wine package on line(be sure to bring a copy of the receipt) The packages are discribed on page 86 of your documents as well as on line) The package comes with 5 wines(white and red), a bottle of Prossecco and 10 bottles of water. We ordered the "Selezione Speciale" The wines were all excellent. All our table mates ordered the "Selezione Classica" and were very pleased. Both packages come with the same Prosecco (Italian Champagne) which is excellent.

The water offered is Italian. We had both Santa Croce and Benadictine. It can be ordered naturale of frzianti(sp). It can be ordered at the restaurants or bars.

The packages can be ordered on line(there is a cut off date) or on the ship( they come by the first night)

Classica price on ship $106+ 15%service charge (discounted if bought on line)

Speciale price on ship $128 +15%service charge(($98 + 15% service on line)

All the wines and water are Italian. The wines are preselected but you can pick which of the wines you want each night.

If you don't finish your wine with your meal your waiter will recork it and bring it back to you the following night.

It was nice not to have to make a major wine selection each night and the wines really were very good.

This is a great deal and the wines were great.

You can also use the waters to take with you on excursions.

Have a great time

Linda

Cruiseonly,

I think you need a booking # to view and order a package. The site is NOT user friendly so make sure that you make a copy of the confirmation and take it with you.(or that they take it with them)

I don't know if you can prepay for a package or just reserve one and pay for it on your Costa Card at the end of the cruise.

I would suggest calling Costa reservations at 1-800-462-6782 for further info. or to get directed to the correct department.

Linda

Allen, I just tried to book a wine package through the website. Of course it gave me a problem! I called the Costa 1 800 number and they told me that it was too late to book for our sailing anyways. So save yourself the frustration and just take care of it the first night at dinner. We just had a dump of snow today here in Southern Ontario and I sure am counting the days! I'm sure we'll see each other on the ship. Until then think warm thoughts!:)

As Linda said, the wine package was great. It's a great value. They give you coupons to use at your leisure. You can use the coupons at any bar in addition to the dining room.

The Santa Croce water is a very large bottle (don't know the size). We used the water to take on shore excursions and drank the wine at dinner. Show the waiter your coupons and he will help you make a selection.

Archived