Things to make NCL cruise special...

LordWinston

I'm new to Norwegian cruising and exciting about next summer's Baltic cruise on the Sun. I'm wanting to do a handful of special things for me and my travel friend Kathleen to make it more classy and enjoyable.

So far I was definitely wanting to have champagne and chocolate strawberries for sail away. Are there wine deals or special spa deals?

I find when I cruise if I book a few treats along the way, it feels more special. And I like good value for the dollar.

Any other suggestions? We have a balcony room. Not romantic, just good friends.

Thanks!

I'm new to Norwegian cruising and exciting about next summer's Baltic cruise on the Sun. I'm wanting to do a handful of special things for me and my travel friend Kathleen to make it more classy and enjoyable.

So far I was definitely wanting to have champagne and chocolate strawberries for sail away. Are there wine deals or special spa deals?

I find when I cruise if I book a few treats along the way, it feels more special. And I like good value for the dollar.

Any other suggestions? We have a balcony room. Not romantic, just good friends.

Thanks!

I'm also new to NCL but have been on 9 or 10 cruises with other lines. I'm booked on the Sun Caribbean cruise this month. I've been gathering information and here are some things I thought might make the experience even better.

1) You can order bar set up to have a bottle of alchohol in your cabin for sipping in the evenings on the balcony. Prices are steep. You can get more info and a price list by emailing groupeventsun@ncl.com

2) You can carry on, up to a bottle each, of your favorite wine but will have to pay a $15 corkage fee each bottle if you prefer wine over other alchohol.

3) You can have dinner or two, etc... in a specialty restaurant (extra fee).

4) I plan to have some spa treatments, but I can't find any specific information and you can't book anything until you are on the ship anyway.

5) Check out the gifts you can preorder at http://www2.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/bon-voyage-gifts

Well, there are my ideas. I'm sure frequent NCL cruisers will have plenty of ideas for you.

The wine/champagne and chocolate strawberries are a good idea for embarkation/sailaway. Flowers for the room if either of you like to have those around.

Maybe plan to have dinner at least once in one of the specialty restaurants. It doesn't have to be romantic. The steak house is nice without being overly romantic, some might consider the french restaurant to be too romantic, but it doesn't have to be. Some people consider the Tepanyaki to be quite a treat if they don't have access to this type of restaurant at home.

Or a spa treatment one day, there's even spa certificates available from the bon voyage department. Watch the daily newsletter for spa specials. Although the best deals are while people are off the ship in port. So if you have a port day where you won't be utilizing the full time in port, you may want to try to schedule something then. Sea days tend to book up fast, so the specials aren't as good.

I hope you're planning excursions/port activities, either on your own, or through the ship.

Other than that, attend some of the shows and take advantage of other on board activities. Perhaps bring a special treat from home that doesn't take a lot of room in your suitcase. Maybe a book she's been wanting to read, or favorite card game that you can play by the pool on a sea day.

Archived