Young children on RCI

Hi,

Having sailed with princess (nothing for the kids) and P and O (fantastic for the littleones) we're looking to book for next year. We have a 2 year old and have seen a RCI to canaries (at a great price) that I quite fancy but don't know what the facilities for the toddlers are cos if there aren't any I'll stick to P&O til they get a bit bigger.

Thanks

Blitz

Royal Caribbeans childrens program are for kids 3 and up and MUST be potty trained.

Disney and Carnival have kids programs for under the 3 year old set.

Carnival a child must be 2 by sailing date--and they change diapers.

Presume you are looking at Independence of the Seas from Southampton are you?

There is an outdoor splash pool that is for use by little ones that arent potty trained, use swimming nappies etc and that is good, but activities for under 3's is a regular meet with Fisher Price toys and needs to be supervised by you as a parent, so not a great deal really.

As for P&O as you know they cater well for kids in the UK market, so I would suggest from experience that until your little ones is about 5 years of age or older then stick with P&O, dont get me wrong Indy is a great ship and you would still have a great time but when you have very small kids P&O just pips it for me.

Hope this helps, James.

Just a suggestion but you might ask this question on the Family Cruising board http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49 as there are a lot of helpful families over there. When you ask your question, make sure to mention your ship (Independence of the Seas) as it will help them answer your question better.

In addition to what is mentioned above, RCCL also offers in cabin babysitting in the evenings.

Archived