MANDOO....GRENADA.....Since the Hurricane??

Elaine515

Have you just recently toured with Mandoo in Grenada since the Hurricane? Where did he take you/what did you do/see? How much was it? Was it worth it? Would you do it again?

I have lots of people telling me that Grenada is horrible and that its not worth taking a tour. I think just the opposite, since it is horrible, I would like someone from there to show me around and explain what use to be...

Thanx for your help...

Elaine

I find it amazing how people can say Grenada is horrible, I would have to assume they haven't visited the island recently.

Yes there was a lot of damage caused by the hurricane both to buildings and to trees etc. but much is now returning to normal. the trees are growing their leaves again-flowers are blooming. It may not have fully returned to how it was beforehand but is nevertheless still a place of outstanding beauty.

It is well worth taking a tour and to use the services of Mandoo or that purpose will introduce you to many sights on the island. He runs various tours so it really depends on what you would like to see but i'm sure you wouldn't be disappointed.

denboy,

Please understand that I am the one that still wants to see the Island. As a matter of fact, I work with a girl, Portia, who besides knowing Mandoo, was actually born and raised on Grenada and has been keeping me up-to-date on whats going on there.

It's just listening to other people talk about Grenada that there's nothing to see etc that has put a doubt in my mind about whether I should still take the tour.

I think I will take the tour, but just looking for other past passengers outlook on it...

Hi Elaine,

Glad to hear you are going to take a tour.

Nearly all the places of interest have reopened so there is no shortage of things to see, the main exception is the Belmont Estate where the museum suffered extensive damage and some of the most advanced hikes in the forest are still awaiting clearance of fallen trees.

Otherwise there are plenty places to visit, the waterfalls are all accessible again, nutmeg processing stations at Gouyave and Grenville, Dougaldston Estate, Grand Etang and forests are all open.

I am sure you would enjoy any of the above, don't know how much Mandoo charges but he does have his own web site ( grenadatours.com ).

I look forward to hearing how you get on, when are you visiting?

Hi!

We took a tour with Mandoo on our cruise in early February. He is Amazing--great committment to the island and very in depth information. And a great driver--which is important becasue you will not believe the hairpin turns:)

It cost $40 per person and included the tour and an hour at the beach--which no one but us took. We wouldn't have missed the tour for all the world and consider Grenada the most interesting island we visited. There were about 10 other people on our tour , but the van is large, comfortable and air conditioned and has seats for 2 with windows on one side and seats for one with window on the other. Go--you won't regret it.

I think our tour with Mandoo was great! Here is a link to my Jan. cruise review. You can go right to the Grenada section. Also, there is a link to my pics, if you're interested! I think there are more pics of Grenada, than anywhere else! The island is lush and beautiful, but there is still plenty of destruction evident.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=131020

Archived