Carnival Legend 10-3 to 10-10 2010

llachance

Carnival Legend 10/3/2010 - 10/10/2010

E mbarkation – Despite what I read about Tampa embarkation it took over an hour to get on the ship! We got here around 11:00 and by the time we got on our cabins were ready. We were in 4224 aft on the port side and it was a great location. I think we used our balcony more on this cruise then on previous cruises. We had late seating for dinner. Truffles, lower level table 160. Our wait staff (Reff and Alvin) were amazing and treated us well the entire week. We bought the wine package and had five bottles of wine for the week! Muster drill was a non event and we were off. Sailing under the bridge was not to be missed.

Sea Day – late start, breakfast in the dining room. Most days it was open to 9:30 or 10:00. Same things you could get upstairs in the lido but served to you. Hung out by the aft pool (adults) and just a lazy day.

Grand Cayman – I was surprised that we were able to tender. We didn’t have an excursion planned but went into town to look around. By the time we were ready to go back they had to move the tendering location. 3-4 drop as people tried to get on and off. Not a lot of fun . Did Master Chef table this evening. It is a not to be missed event if you can do it!

Cozumel – our excursion was canceled as the port was closed to small craft. Again a very windy day. Cost of our excursion was applied to our sign and sail card. Spent the afternoon on our balcony.

Roatan – Carnival has done a nice job with Mahogany Bay. Spent the day reading. Didn’t spend much time in the water as it was overcast and very windy. A little bit chilly when we got out of the water.

Belieze – woke up too late for our excursion but took a tender in anyway. Walked around the shops then headed back. Another nice afternoon on the balcony.

Sea Day – what can I say reading on the balcony. Got three books read this cruise!

Can’t say enough about our wait staff this cruise. Room steward provided a towel animal every night! Room was always kept neat – much appreciated.

And – to the “sisters” if you read this I am glad you appreciated your cake! Tomorrow morning we will be back in Tampa and on our way home. I am looking forward to our Dream cruise in December of 2011.

BTW – didn’t go to a single show, comedy or otherwise. Listened to some nice music in the bars before dinner. Didn’t go to any of the deck parties either- this was a week to relax

Thanks for the vote of confidence on Tampa stinking on embarkation.......

I wouldn't care if it took me 4 hours to get onboard, just knowing I would be onboard and cruisin again would be fine with me. Guess I'm patient and use to waiting in lines and such, so waiting a bit doesn't bother me.

I found the Tampa port wasn't bad at all to go through. Didn't take long at all to get to the waiting area.

What was the hold up with embarkation and what time did you get onboard?

I've always gotten to the port by 11 at the latest and the latest I've gotten on the ship was noon. Since I've always found the process to move along pretty smoothly, I'm just wondering if there was some reason.

Thanks for the vote of confidence on Tampa stinking on embarkation.......

What was the hold up with embarkation and what time did you get onboard?

I've always gotten to the port by 11 at the latest and the latest I've gotten on the ship was noon. Since I've always found the process to move along pretty smoothly, I'm just wondering if there was some reason.

OP said she arrived at 11 and it took an hour to get on the ship. I don't think that's unreasonable...I've never gotten on the ship more quickly than that, except one time when we didn't arrive until the afternoon and everyone was already on:rolleyes:

was not the only one in the line that wondered what the hold up was...these were regular Tampa cruisers. Have no idea but I have never spent an hour waiting in line to get ready to board the ship. I have waited once everything was done - but not in line for an hour :)

That said great time. Marvelous dining room servers. Great ports and I would do it again. Our next cruise is Disney then Carnival in December of 2011 and I am looking forward to it.

BTW - off the ship (Number 16) and to the airport by 10:00 am. Used the 20.00 shuttle service that you can get just as you get off the ship...great time...now in Miami - had to fly east to go west for the best value!

Archived