MSC Armonia April 22nd 2011

Smooth Cruise

Hi Everyone, has anyone cruised on the MSC Armonia?

We have sailed on Musica,Splendida and Fantasia and found them to be just lovely.As Armonia is an older ship just wondering what you all think!

We are cruising out of Venice on 22 April 2011 for a seven night east Med trip (first leg, West Med is on Fantasia from Genoa 5thApril 2011.)Happy Cruising,Smooth Cruise.

Hi Smooth Cruiser

It is the only Lirica class ship I've not been on. I can tell you that it is a lot smaller than the Fantasia and Musica Class and older. It does not have all the extras that those ships you have already been on - I.e. no speciality restaurants, F! simulators and that kind of stuff. However the basic "product" is the same regardless of which ship you are on. You will find the drinks and food menus identical, shows and entertainment very similar, same type of sunbeds and things like that. Although the amller ships lack all the bells and whistles of the bigger, newer ships they can be more friendly as there are not so many passengers onboard and you get to know other members of crew and passengers better.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello.

We are also on Armonia leaving Venice on April 22. There are 2 of us and we'd be interesting in connecting with another couple for some possible independent excursions. We've already reserved a tour in Ancona, but we're thinking of doing Santorini, Athens, Argostoli and Kotor on our own. Anyone interested?

:p

Hello.

We are also on Armonia leaving Venice on April 22. There are 2 of us and we'd be interesting in connecting with another couple for some possible independent excursions. We've already reserved a tour in Ancona, but we're thinking of doing Santorini, Athens, Argostoli and Kotor on our own. Anyone interested?

Hi Margmx,Would have loved to catch up, but unfortunately we had to change our cruise date and now will be leaving on the 29th April out of Venice. Have a great time.Smooth cruise:D

Hello.

Hello margmx. My husband and I will be traveling on the MSC Armonia on April 23rd 2011 and have booked some excursions through the ship but we are interested in connecting with a few other passengers to book a private tour in athens and possibly santorini. Are you still looking for another couple to double up with for independent tours? I thought we could book some independently but they are quite expensive for just 2 people. Hope to hear from you soon, 2 more weeks!!

Hello

Yes, we are four people and have booked a tour in Athens and Santorini.

If you would like to join us we can have a van pick us up and do the tour thereby the cost is much less.

We are on the same cruise and let me know.

Will check this post again.

thanks..:)

Yes, we are still interested in booking tours with another couple. For the four people group, I guess if we had a van, we could fit 8 if we have the same ideas on the tours. We have been in Athens before, but the other ports are new for us.

In Santorini, I think all we'll need is a taxi or van to take us to Oi, which is supposed to be quite beautiful. In Corfu, we want to see some parts of the island, specially the monastery on the outcrop of rocks. Let me know your ideas. My e mail is margmxca@yahoo.com if you want to write me directly. We're looking forward to meeting you all.

Marguerite

Four fab ladies are on the cruise and very interested in joining other like minded people on excursions etc.

This is our first cruise and interested in any tips esp how to avoid sneaky extras!

Hello again,

We are joining the cruise in Venice and leaving in Venice again, so the ports between Corfu and Montenegro would be the ones we could possibly share. It all depends on what you are interested in doing. In Athens we were just thinking of going to a museum, since we did the entire tour 2 years ago. We'd be willing to do the entire tour again if it turned out very cheap. In Montenegro I was looking at the tour that goes around the bay to a little village. The village looks to be close, so it might be cheaper to do it in a van or taxi. I have my notes at home and am now at work, but I can write this evening. We are experienced cruisers, but we're working until Saturday, so we haven't had a lot of time to plan.

We're a couple in our early 60s. I'm American and my husband is Mexican. We live in Mexico. This will be our 14th or 15th cruise and our third on MSC. It will be our third time in Greece. You will love it! We always cruise in April and the weather should be very nice. I'll check the boards this evening. I'm looking forward to meeting all of you.

Marguerite

Archived