Full ship a year out?

A lot of Travel Agency's block out/book these cabins for their customers. If they are unable to sell them prior to final payment date, they cancel/let them go back to the cruise line. That is why you oftentimes see significant price reductions after final payment date.

Has anyone run into an entire ship being sold out almost a year in advance? We were looking at September 3, 2011 Transatlantic from Harwich to Boston on the Jewel; only seven inside cabins are left.

we were suprised how little cabins were available when we booked this cruise a few months ago but im sure there are people who have held 2 cabins waiting for a price drop which we cant do over here in uk ask the question on the roll call its already very active maybe you can find out who as 2 held and request the cabin they are not having hopefully see you on there:)

Nick

Has anyone run into an entire ship being sold out almost a year in advance? We were looking at September 3, 2011 Transatlantic from Harwich to Boston on the Jewel; only seven inside cabins are left.

We were on this year's TA on the Jewel and the same thing happened. After final payment day, many cabins were made available up to the day we departed.

It's popularity could be due in part to the fact that they are doing an overnight in Reykjavik, Iceland.

We booked our stateroom on March 17th when the books opened. As others have said, it is an extremely popular cruise with many repeat cruisers. Some vacancies may occur when final payments are due, or when group space is returned to inventory, but it is not surprising to find it full, or nearly full, nearly a year in advance. Check out our roll call and you will see how many cruise critic members have already booked and since CC members are still a low percentage of cruisers, you can extrapolate from the number of CCers who are booked, to estimate just how many people have already reserved space on the beautiful Jewel of the Seas. The fact that we will overnight in Reykjavik is an added incentive to sail on this transatlantic.:)

RCL is famous for only showing a few available cabins in each category when you are looking at availability on-line. If you have a category in mind call and certain cabin numbers you can call RCL's 800 number and they will tell you if those cabins are available even though they are not showing up online. This how we got on of our cabins once when it wasn't showing up as available.

RCL is famous for only showing a few available cabins in each category when you are looking at availability on-line. If you have a category in mind call and certain cabin numbers you can call RCL's 800 number and they will tell you if those cabins are available even though they are not showing up online. This how we got on of our cabins once when it wasn't showing up as available.

You can actually enter a cabin number you are looking for in the online booking engine and it will let you know if it's available:)

When I read the thread title I knew it had to be the Jewel TA cruise. I booked 3 months ago and every category we wished for was already gone but we booked anyway. Our TA knows to waitlist us and look again at all categories after final payment.

As others have said this is a very popular sailing and we have a great rollcall going. Please join us!

That is amazing! We are on that cruise. I booked it about five days after it opened and was told by my agent that he would TRY to find me a balcony room. He called me back about 20 minutes later and said he found 8122 on port side that was available. I thought calling so far in advance that I would have my pick of rooms. Maybe it books so fast because it's only offered once a year. Sorry you couldn't make the cruise. We were on Jewel of the Seas for 11 nights last February and fell in love with the ship. Try again next year and find out when the first day to make reservation would be. Sea Happy

Archived