Cartouches & Ramses Tours

eqj60

Hi, We would like to buy some cartouches in Egypt & I got mixed messages from Ramses Tours with whom we are doing an overnight into Cairo.

I understand that there are shops at the Mena House hotel that sell them but was wondering if anyone had been able to order & buy them via Ramses- I believe some tour cos. take orders & deliver on day 2.

If so how much were they & quelity?

Is Mena House a better option??

Many thanks, we leave end of the week & excitement has set in:D

El

We took a one day tour with Ramses from Port Said to Cairo and Giza. Our guide took all of our information on the cartouches that my DW wanted and called in the order on the drive into Cairo. We also ordered a t-shirt for me with my cartouche embroidered on the front-breast area. He had some material in his note book that showed styles and prices. We then picked them up the last thing in the afternoon before we headed back to the ship. We were pleased with the quality.

We weren't looking for total silver ones, but your price seems reasonable. My DW bought gold plated ones with silver symbols for our DD and DIL and they we're around $50. My DW's was larger and cost a bit more. But, they have a wide range of prices, styles and sizes. By the way, there was no pressure for us to buy these. We asked our guide if we would be able to get them and he pulled out the information for us to look over and he called in the order.

We are doing over night in Cairo in Nov. I have already purchased my cartouches from a very good jewelry store based in Cairo who was recommended on these boards. I now have exactly what I wanted for gifts and will not have to use my precious time in Egypt looking for the perfect gift. The price was excellent, the quality very good also and it came to my door by FedEx.

Karon

We are doing over night in Cairo in Nov. I have already purchased my cartouches from a very good jewelry store based in Cairo who was recommended on these boards. I now have exactly what I wanted for gifts and will not have to use my precious time in Egypt looking for the perfect gift. The price was excellent, the quality very good also and it came to my door by FedEx.

Karon

What is the link? Also, what type of Fed Ex charges?

I don't know if I am suppose to post a link like that so I will tell you the name of the Jewelry store and if you google it, you will come up with the actual web address. The store is Gouzlan Jewelry. They have a lot of beautiful cartouche jewelry. I ordered three silver ones for my family and they are lovely and have not tarnished. The FedEx charge for my order was $15. My order arrived in less than two weeks after I placed it. Perhaps I could have gotten those cartouches cheaper in Cairo, but I simply did not want to use the time trying to make up my mind and make a purchase when we have such a short time to soak up the sights in Egypt. This may not be a choice for everyone, but for me, it worked and I am so happy not to have to worry about getting just the right item for those who will be expecting a gift from my trip.

Karon

Thanks thmpsn I will look into them. Only $15.00 Fed Ex shipping right from Cairo.

I don't know if I am suppose to post a link like that so I will tell you the name of the Jewelry store and if you google it, you will come up with the actual web address. The store is Gouzlan Jewelry. They have a lot of beautiful cartouche jewelry. I ordered three silver ones for my family and they are lovely and have not tarnished. The FedEx charge for my order was $15. My order arrived in less than two weeks after I placed it. Perhaps I could have gotten those cartouches cheaper in Cairo, but I simply did not want to use the time trying to make up my mind and make a purchase when we have such a short time to soak up the sights in Egypt. This may not be a choice for everyone, but for me, it worked and I am so happy not to have to worry about getting just the right item for those who will be expecting a gift from my trip.

Karon

Archived