Honeymoon Tips Please :)

Hey everyone, I am a long time lurker but first time poster here on be gentle! My fiance and I recently booked our honeymoon for a Med. cruise leaving from Valencia, Spain on the Adventure of the Seas in May. I have been on one cruise before about 6 years ago and he has never been. Has anyone ever taken this cruise? Does anyone have an special occasion experiences, tips, advice for the two of us? Any must do suggestions for the activities on the ship itself? We want the trip to be special and we have been saving for along time to make sure we can enjoy ourselves, but with so much going on we don't want to miss anything we may really regret.

Also, do you think the romance packages are a nice touch or a waste of money? I was thinking of surprising him with the package that includes flowers and honeymoon decorations upon arrival, appetizers and dessert on formal nights, two robes, a bottle of champagne ... a few other things like that.

Let me know ANYTHING we should know!

Hey everyone, I am a long time lurker but first time poster here on be gentle! My fiance and I recently booked our honeymoon for a Med. cruise leaving from Valencia, Spain on the Adventure of the Seas in May. I have been on one cruise before about 6 years ago and he has never been. Has anyone ever taken this cruise? Does anyone have an special occasion experiences, tips, advice for the two of us? Any must do suggestions for the activities on the ship itself? We want the trip to be special and we have been saving for along time to make sure we can enjoy ourselves, but with so much going on we don't want to miss anything we may really regret.

Also, do you think the romance packages are a nice touch or a waste of money? I was thinking of surprising him with the package that includes flowers and honeymoon decorations upon arrival, appetizers and dessert on formal nights, two robes, a bottle of champagne ... a few other things like that.

What kind of cabin are you getting ? Robes come with some and even if they don't most time the steward can get them for you. They are quite fluffy and would be a nightmare to pack to bring home if you buy them with the current luggage regulations. My kids got us the decorations for our anniversary and the honey moon ones are similar and very nice. I smiled every time I came into the room.

there is so much food available all day that I would ditch the appetizers and desserts, in my opinion.

They usually have a honeymooners party to meet all the others on the ship.

First of all congratulations, please tell the ship on arrival, Reception, it is your Honeymoon as you may gets some freebies.

I thought that the Adventure left from Malaga.

Would have suggested a different itinary/Ship in europe but you are on your Honeymoon so enjoy.

Have a great time

g

You are booked a ways out, so if this might be of interest to you.....I'll suggest it.

We just sent our son and daughter in law on their honeymoon, on Azamara, from Rome to Venice. We gave them a mini suite for their honeymoon......and that is all that they can talk about. Being on a small ship gets you in to many more small ports.

Just something to think about....if you are not totally committed to the Adventure of the Seas.;)

Rick

You are booked a ways out, so if this might be of interest to you.....I'll suggest it.

We just sent our son and daughter in law on their honeymoon, on Azamara, from Rome to Venice. We gave them a mini suite for their honeymoon......and that is all that they can talk about. Being on a small ship gets you in to many more small ports.

Just something to think about....if you are not totally committed to the Adventure of the Seas.;)

Rick

Rick you want to adopt me???:D

Love you Sue L.....but I thought that you were taken!

Funny stuff, and a good laugh for a Sunday night.:D

Rick

I am truly taken (26 years last week), but as my " adopted dad" you can send both of us away!!!

I am truly taken (26 years last week), but as my " adopted dad" you can send both of us away!!!

Is my white hair showing that much??

Unfortunatly...13 years times two, and then 17 years as a bachelor, in between the two.

Congratulations on 26 years.......something that I can only boast of when reaching the ripe old age of 79!:eek:

Everyone else in our family has only lasted until the age of 77......so we are traveling and enjoying life while we can.

I know that you travel as much as you can, as well.

Now back to our regular program.......honeymoon in the Med!;)

Rick

Darn it, I knew it seemed too good to be true ! I am a wine lover and the thought of going to Italy and not bringing some back brings tears to my eyes :)

You can bring it back in any port but they will confiscate it and return it to you the last night, so you can pack it to bring home but not have on board.

I have to admit that sometimes they get a bit lax.....and we have been able to bring local wines aboard. But, it's hit and miss, and as Sue L says.....more than likely they will take it and save it for you until you disembark.

Now that I look back on our sailings in the Med, we have only had one in the Med.......and a few TA crossings on RCCL. All of the rest have been on other lines.......so I defer to Sue L.......who probably has the right answer about 99.9 percent of the time.........and the other .1% is just luck getting something aboard.

Rick

Honeymoon tips? You're kidding,right?:o

I read the title of this thread and I had so many responses I didn't know where to start.

Seriously, though, congratulations. DD is pondering a cruise for her honeymoon, and I think that's way cool.

OT ... you would have had to have known my daddy to appreciate this, but he was just one of those guys with a wry sense of humor, kind of the "go to" guy in the neighborhood for worldly wisdom.

So when a neighbor's son, Mark, was about to get married 30 or so years ago, he asked my daddy for some advice. "Mr. Bill," he said, "so when Beth and I get married, what do I, uh, do? I mean, how do we 'get started?' on our honeymoon?" (They were a very chaste couple all during their courtship.)

Daddy said, "Mark, you know when you and Beth get to kissing and making out and all on dates, and you get to the point where you have to stop?"

"Yes, sir."

"Well, don't stop."

First of all congratulations, please tell the ship on arrival, Reception, it is your Honeymoon as you may gets some freebies.

I thought that the Adventure left from Malaga.

Would have suggested a different itinary/Ship in europe but you are on your Honeymoon so enjoy.

Have a great time

g

George, it stops in Malagia but leaves from Valencia. Just out of curiosity what would you have suggested?

George, it stops in Malagia but leaves from Valencia. Just out of curiosity what would you have suggested?

Hi i never knew until i checked, is that you can join this ship at different ports.

In the uk it just mentions Malaga in the brochure they sent.

The reason i would have picked another cruise is that the ship does not leave EU waters and there will be an 8% sales tax added to purchases on board and the dutyfrees will not be open.

As you are from the USA.

This tax is supposed to be able to be claimed back at the airport if RCCL will give you the VAT refund form on the ship.

Best cruise ports of call is the Brilliance or Splendour but are for 12 days.

The cruise you have chosen though has some nice ports of call, for seven days.

It is only after checking next years brochure that i have noticed the changes in itinaries

When do you arrive in europe? what dates? are you limited to time?

Are you interested in visiting famous sites?

Let us know.

Plenty of people will give advice

g

Hi i never knew until i checked, is that you can join this ship at different ports.

In the uk it just mentions Malaga in the brochure they sent.

The reason i would have picked another cruise is that the ship does not leave EU waters and there will be an 8% sales tax added to purchases on board and the dutyfrees will not be open.

As you are from the USA.

This tax is supposed to be able to be claimed back at the airport if RCCL will give you the VAT refund form on the ship.

Best cruise ports of call is the Brilliance or Splendour but are for 12 days.

The cruise you have chosen though has some nice ports of call, for seven days.

It is only after checking next years brochure that i have noticed the changes in itinaries

When do you arrive in europe? what dates? are you limited to time?

Are you interested in visiting famous sites?

Let us know.

Plenty of people will give advice

g

Interested in all that good stuff - famous sites, good shopping, great food and fun excursions - nothing is off limits, we are pretty "get up and go" kind of people. We are arriving in Spain three days before the cruise.

I can't speak for the cruise you have picked... but this is just one guys opinion, the romance package would be a complete waste of money if you are doing it for him. Obviously I don't know your circumstances or know him personally, so YMMV.

Archived