spa cains

Nan-L

I was upgraded to a spa cabin last year on the Eurodam. The one good thing that I liked was the fact that I just walked out the door for the jogging track on 10. Otherwise, I found the water feature to take up too much space on the desk. I don't drink Vitamin water. I have my own pedometer. I pushed the wooden bath mat out of the way. And the decor was supposed to be "soothing" but I didn't notice much of a difference from my friend's regular verandah cabin.

But I'm sure here are numerous people who do really like the spa cabins.

I know on Celebrity the spa cabins have free access to termal suite and even after hours, I just don't know why someone would want to pay extra for these rooms on HA w/o the spa being part of it.

Does anyone know the price H. pool etc for a 7 day cruise? Can you book this online?

Fact: You can't book the thermal suite/hydrotherapy pool online.

Reason appears to be this service is priced by/sold by/paid to Steiner spas as an independent subcontractor, not to HAL.

Opinion: Each Steiner spa manager seems to set her own prices and decides the number of passes to be sold.

While the vast majority report the thermal suite and hydrotherapy spa aren't crowded, I had a bad experience a couple years ago where the spa was WAY overbooked. Won't even mention the ship - staff certainly will have changed by now.

That spa manager was a "wheeler and dealer". She asked me to wait while she considered my request for a pass for three (both my senior parents, and myself). While I watched and listened, she quoted wildly varying prices for passes and other services to different passengers, apparently depending on how she sized up the person! She was also open to negotiation.

I am NOT suggesting this is the norm in HAL spas. My point (and while it's taken me a long time to get there, I do have one :rolleyes:) is the spa manager is obviously given discretion by Steiner, as long as she meets her sales objectives and quota. That's why it's hard (impossible) to get spa prices for services ahead of time for your cruise, IMO.

Archived