Anyone have any travel or timeline problems with Stuart's Cove?

rabbit4500

We're in Nassau from 7-2. I emailed Stuart's Cove and they said that they will pick us up from the cruise dock at 8:15. I read reviews on Trip Advisor and there were quite a few people who had issues with their transportation - missed the bus, bus never came, LONG bus ride...

My concern is coming back -- when I asked what time we would be back, he wouldn't give me an answer, he just said that if we let the dive shop know we have to be back by 1:30, we'll be back by then. I really hate to cut it that close... so I'm wondering if anyone has had issues with returning to the ship and their transportation.

Should I risk it? Is it really that spectatular?

Only you can judge how close you want to cut it (it seems awfully close to me and allows little margin for anything to go wrong), but in researching snorkeling in Nassau on this board, it appears that Stuarts Cove isn't really interested in (or, most likely, is not large enough to handle) cruise ship pax. They do not time their trips around ship schedules. (I'm not suggesting they should, only pointing out what seems to be the case.)

Only you can judge how close you want to cut it (it seems awfully close to me and allows little margin for anything to go wrong), but in researching snorkeling in Nassau on this board, it appears that Stuarts Cove isn't really interested in (or, most likely, is not large enough to handle) cruise ship pax. They do not time their trips around ship schedules. (I'm not suggesting they should, only pointing out what seems to be the case.)

Correct on most counts, but Stuart Cove is the largest dive shop in Nassau, but you are right, they don't cater to the cruise ship crowd.

As for timing. SC is located on the Southern side of the island.. about 45 minutes away by bus (on a good day). This is well documented around the internet, but worth the drive. The pick up is at 8:45 am.. and they don't (ok, rarely) wait for anyone. The Bus leaves SC to return at 1pm.. and it's a 45 minute ride. That's only 15 minutes.. and the cruise ship says to be back 30 minutes in advance.

If you are cutting it too close, I'd forget the snorkeling and enjoy something else. You'll be all day trying to figure if you'll be back in time.

Some people have NOT made it back on time, due to traffic, etc.

Archived