Yoga Classes on the Sun

lvcruises

Can anyone tell me what the Yoga classes on the Sun are like? I've been doing Cenergy which is active Yoga for about 6 weeks and would like to take at least one class on the Sun but if it is more for advanced people then it might not be a good idea. Does anyone know how much they charge?

Hello there,

I just got off the Norwegian Sun on October 4th. I didn't take the Yoga class, but did do the Pilates class (plus the spinning classes) on board. I found them more of beginners classes. I've been doing yoga and Pilates for about 3 years now - and at least the Pilates class was pretty basic.

For the cost, they were $12.00 a class. However, on our cruise we had 5 sea days - so they had a special where you could purchase 5 classes for $50.00 (plus 18% service charge). You could use the 5 classes for Yoga, Pilates or Spinning classes. Not much of a savings - but at least it's a bit.

Hope this helps - and enjoy your time on the Sun!

Colleen

$12 isn't to bad to try out a class ...
Until one recalls that when the fitness facilities were all directly run by NCL (before they were handed over to Steiner), all the classes were no extra charge; NCL made a positive effort to attract passengers to them (remember the T-shirt incentive scheme?); there were far more classes; and because they were used by more passengers, there were far more fitness staff on board - up to half a dozen on some ships.

Personally, this is one of the most disappointing things about the changes of the past few years, as NCL ships were a place where one could genuinely spend some time looking after oneself physically in an atmosphere that actually made it fun to do so.

Archived