Good cruising credit cards

crazydizzymoo

DH and I are going on our first cruise next year and are hoping to avoid having too many different currencies floating around by finding a credit card with no charge or a small charge for purchases in different currencies.

Has anybody found such a wonderful credit card?

DH and I are going on our first cruise next year and are hoping to avoid having too many different currencies floating around by finding a credit card with no charge or a small charge for purchases in different currencies.

Has anybody found such a wonderful credit card?

Check out cards offered by Halifax, Nationwide, & the Post Office (credit card, not pre-pay debit card), who don't penalise spending abroad - though I understand Nationwide is no longer advantageous outside europe.

John Bull

Suggest you check out the Halifax Clarity card. I use the Santander Zero card but unless you already have some kind of account with Santander, you can only open it in a branch - they seem to have stopped online applications for totally new customers which for many will be a dis-incentive.

The Halifax card has no foreign exchange fee anywhere in the world, so you can get the best rate possible. Plus it doesn't charge for cash withdrawals, although you will of course be charged interest even if you repay in full.

I made the mistake last year of inadvertently using my Santander debit card and got hammered with charges whereas if I had used the credit card I would have escaped!

Archived