my hair dryer is nearing its end... any recs on a new one???

mowb07

Hi guys,

So I noticed that my hairdryer is being tempermental ever since we brought it back from our cruise last month (maybe it wishes we left it behind so it could continue cruising???) :)

Anyways, I'm not going to pretend I'm *upset* about this since I randomly bought it from Target 4 years ago and although it dries my hair FAST its design, bulk, and even its color leaves much to be desired. I can't remember wehat brand it is, probably a conair - and it was definitely under $30 or $40.

To make this easier, here is my list of dislikes:

-bulky "body" making it unwieldly to dry back of head

-"ion" dryer which dries hair quickly, but is not "powerful" in the amount of airflow that comes out of the nozzle

-this one is purely cosmetic and kind of stupid, but it is ice blue and for whatever reason, I am SICK of this color! I need something BRIGHT that I can spot in the mornings when I am tired and unfocused.

-the biggest complaint of all -- the nozzle design makes attaching the diffuser easy but it falls off even more easily...I don't think I've seen that thing in months!

Ok, enough complaining, here is what I'm looking for:

-bright color

-powerful airflow

-cooling button/option

-not super small but not huge enough that it feels awkward when holding it

-diffuser that stays put!

-something under $50

I have long wavy/curly hair, so I use my hairdryer everytime I wash my hair to keep it smooth - I'm using this thing a lot so if you have a suggestion that's a bit different or over my price range, please let me know!

I'm hoping to get something this wkd, so your suggestions/reviews will be really helpful in making my decision! :)

Archived