Sailing on Victory with questions

bluzchick

1. What time do the lounges/bars close?

2. Can you see over the dividers on the balconies? Not that I plan on doing anything strange but I also don't want strangers peering at me..

3. For early dining at 6pm with a group booking, are you all seated together?

4. I have read that the outlet in bathroom is for a razor only..I don't understand this...so a curling iron won't work in there? We are bringing a power strip for the cabin (yes they are allowed and taken only if found dangerous)

5. Is it wrong of me to wonder if children will be back in school 1/2-1/9/11...we have seven and have heard terrible things about strollers and snot and screaming babies! :o

2. Can you see over the dividers on the balconies? Not that I plan on doing anything strange but I also don't want strangers peering at me..

4. I have read that the outlet in bathroom is for a razor only..I don't understand this...so a curling iron won't work in there? We are bringing a power strip for the cabin (yes they are allowed and taken only if found dangerous)

5. Is it wrong of me to wonder if children will be back in school 1/2-1/9/11...we have seven and have heard terrible things about strollers and snot and screaming babies! :o

We are just off the Victory so I'll help where I can!

1. I don't know the exact hours but I believe most bars/lounges are open until at least 1 a.m. and probably later.

2. You'd have to pull a chair up to the divider and probably stand on your toes to see over...not something I'd want to do, being afraid of heights! So yes, it's possible to peek over, but I doubt it's a common happening.

3. Yes. We had a group of 7 and always sat together. I think the largest table I saw probably had 16-18 people around it.

4. I didn't try my hairdryer or flatiron in that socket so I can't say, but I'm thinking maybe it's a lower voltage that might not power your curling iron correctly? There are two sockets on the desk - I plugged my hair dryer in one and heated my flatiron in the other while I dried my hair.

5. There were a fair amount of strollers on our trip (which surprised me as I thought the kids would be in school, what with it starting up so recently) - but, not too many screamers, and I didn't see any snot :D

I was on the Victory January 2009.

Don't remember exact times for the bars and clubs but we were out late most nights so I'm thinking 1-2 am.

Loads and loads of kids of all ages and up just as late as we were. The arcade is next to the disco so I'm thinking that might have been the reason the kids were around.

We had a group of 85 and were all seated together. Tables of 10 mostly. (6pm seating also) When you walked into the dining room, we were seated to the right and had almost the whole section.

I forgot my curling iron but did use a hair dryer plugged in at the desk. I don't think we tried the bathroom plug.

We were in several of the bars after 2 and they were still serving drinks, but no live music.

Not alot of kids on our cruise (02/05/2010)

If your hair dryer/curling iron are small wattage (700-1000 watts) they will work fine in the bathroom.

Originally Posted by bluzchick viewpost.gif

I was on in March I also think it was 1-2

If you sit on you balcony at night, you will notice that you can see (without even trying) into your neighbor's cabin and their balcony if their curtains are open and their room light is on...I never saw anything except their clothed reflection, but was happy to notice it the first night, so I was aware my neighbors could also see me! :eek:

Within close proximity of one another depending on the size of your group.

I had a power strip, and used it often. I got ready outside of the bathrrom, at the desk/vanity area, as my blowdryer & curling would not work in the bathroom.

We were there over our local spring break, and saw very few children, I suppose it will depend on how many people want out of the snow at that time of year! :confused:

Enjoy yourselves and safe travels to you!

Over or around - very easy. Here's a picture that I took of my brother's balcony that was next to us. I just leaned around and took it. You can see by standing on that chair, you could easily see over it too. http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1064254724030186251DaWZGD

• 2 weeks later...
We are just off the Victory so I'll help where I can!

4. I didn't try my hairdryer or flatiron in that socket so I can't say, but I'm thinking maybe it's a lower voltage that might not power your curling iron correctly? There are two sockets on the desk - I plugged my hair dryer in one and heated my flatiron in the other while I dried my hair.

I can confirm-only for razors- weird outlet

Ginnyfyr-

Did you get to Rendezvous Resort?--Buffettfan here whom recommended it

Ginnyfyr-

Did you get to Rendezvous Resort?--Buffettfan here whom recommended it

Hey there! Yes, we did go to the Rendezvous, and I have to say a huge thank you from our entire party of 7 as we all LOVED it! Such a great value for $50...it was one of the most relaxing and fun days of our trip. We also visited the Hilton in Barbados that you mentioned and that was absolutely fantastic as well! I've been meaning to write up a review but I've been super busy since we got home...perhaps this week!

Hey there! Yes, we did go to the Rendezvous, and I have to say a huge thank you from our entire party of 7 as we all LOVED it! Such a great value for $50...it was one of the most relaxing and fun days of our trip. We also visited the Hilton in Barbados that you mentioned and that was absolutely fantastic as well! I've been meaning to write up a review but I've been super busy since we got home...perhaps this week!

glad to hear it. A hidden gem of a deal. Did you find any sea glass?

Love to hear details when you have time. Also photos.

Wasn't the entry tree cool? Wish I had a home with an open lobby like that.

Archived