Oct 13 sale?

Traveler353

As I understand it' date=' the specials are available only when booking through a CLIA Travel Agent.[/quote']

That is not what I was told by my PVP on Saturday. I am going to give him a call when he comes into work and see what is available for the 4 day after my 5 day in December, would like to make a B2B out of it.

The Cruise Night ... if I recall correctly is a cooperative promotion by several travel agencies and cruise lines. I got an email from AAA yesterday and saw something via email from Expedia, Travelocity and the like, I think. It is like a virtual travel show ... being able to see various virtual booths, chat in real time with travel reps, etc.

Here's an item from USA Today on the "event" ...

http://travel.usatoday.com/cruises/legacy/item.aspx?ak=68500921.blog&type=blog

That is not what I was told by my PVP on Saturday. I am going to give him a call when he comes into work and see what is available for the 4 day after my 5 day in December, would like to make a B2B out of it.

Interesting. I hope that's the case! I'll be calling my PVP also!

That one day sale appears to be through a group of TAs for advertising. There is nothing on the Carnival site about it.

I find it interesting that the "one" day sale prices happen to be the same price I just paid Monday when I booked for the Nov 6th Carnival Dream sailing. There was a price drop, a past guest discount and a a free 2 category upgrade. (This is in comparison to what I saw last week through this past weekend)

Looks like the TAs are only advertising what is already readily available from the cruise line.

Good Luck.

It is on the Carnival website this morning. You have to go through the booking process and you will see an option for One Day Sale. In other words, choose your cruise, number of passengers, category (balcony, etc) then you will see Fun Select, Early Saver, One Day Sale.

It is an upgrade sale, so it is a good way to get a Premium Balcony for the price of a regular balcony.

It is an upgrade sale, so it is a good way to get a Premium Balcony for the price of a regular balcony.

By booking the lowest price cabin in any category at the Funselect Rate, you get an upgrade to the highest available cabin in the category.

Book Balcony Cat 8A. Choose an upgraded balcony to 8D, 8E,8G, 8F, 8M, 8N etc.

The highest categories always sell out first.

It is on the Carnival website this morning. You have to go through the booking process and you will see an option for One Day Sale. In other words, choose your cruise, number of passengers, category (balcony, etc) then you will see Fun Select, Early Saver, One Day Sale.

I don't see it. Went thru the process up to the final book now option. No mention of the One Day Sale anywhere.

Jetblue just sent me an email calling it " The World Largest cruise Sale" ends Friday...

It is coming up the same price as my Early Saver price drop I just got ...no difference in any of my cruises. Some are higher !

Here it is : http://cruises.jetblue.com/promotion/jetblue/cru_event.html?utm_source=JetBlue%2BCruises&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=JB%2BOpt-in%2Bemail10.13.10

I checked carnival website on my office PC and there was no mention of a sale AND the booking engine was the OLD one. so, I tried on my ipad and still no mention of a sale BUT the booking engine was the new one.

Has anyone in the past few minutes found the sale on a PC or mac?

thanks

I checked all 3 of our booked future cruises. The "Sale" shows up on the page where you select your rate for a particular sailing and called "One-Day Sale".

Prices are above ES prices. You know the commercial where someone says, "We don't mark it up, just to mark it down and call it a sale?" Well that's what Carnival does. Much higher than all our ES rates that we already booked.

Good Luck.

Just checked a bit ago on both a PC and Mac. Nothing has changed and the only rates showing up when I get to that point in the booking engines is fun saver and past guest. NO SALE! grrrr.....how can so many different people get so many different screens? I don't get it.

Just checked a bit ago on both a PC and Mac. Nothing has changed and the only rates showing up when I get to that point in the booking engines is fun saver and past guest. NO SALE! grrrr.....how can so many different people get so many different screens? I don't get it.

I see it on the new booking engine and on both of our 2011 cruises...not on the 2012

"One-Day Sale" between "Early Saver" and "Fun Saver" rate

Archived