Having the mini-bar emptied before boarding?

dcward89

If everyone has them emptyed witch I want to and you just put it on the shelf. Dont you think the beer and soda would get flat being cold then hot then cold again you dont know how many times. Then the person that wants to drink the stuff in the fridge and pay top $ and its flat that wouldnt be good. This is our first cruise so what is in the fridge and what are the prices ? Are they alot more than the bar?

Not only that but I think our pops were really old. We cruised in August and there were pictures of Santa Claus on the coke cans!:eek::eek::eek:

We usually find the Cabin Steward and ask him to remove everything ASAP! Usually, no problem. If they are not around, I call housekeeping and they send our cabin steward to our cabin, at which time we also ask for any extra's we need, etc.

It's worked out fine so far!

wouldn't a note on the bed work the same?

Last month on the FOTS there was a special guy who came around every AM and checked the mini-fridge. He replaced what was missing and we got billed for it.

As stated there is no alcohol in there only soda, water, snacks.

The first or second day I would just tell the guy to take it all out or seal it. If that doesn't work then ask guest relations. The fridge never got cold only cool so it's not a place you want to store stuff if you like it cold.

Last time I was told that now bar staff is responsible for the mini bar and therefore housekeeping is not allowed to empty it anymore. We had the same problem on a previous cruise being charged a mini bar item we´ve never consumed. So I wanted the mini bar to be emptied on our Oasis cruise and the room steward told he can´t do it.

steamboats

I too had this same issue on Oasis. I don't take no for an answer when it come to the mini bar. I need that space for my refridgerated goodies that I sneak back to my room from the Windjammer! (Oh those CC cookies & milk yum!) I just asked who was responsible and they pointed out the guy in the hallway pushing a big cart full of water. He said it couldn't be emptied. I gave him $5 for his trouble and told him to ask his boss for permission to empty it. All of a sudden he could empty it with no problem....and he did so immediately :D

Maybe it should be an option on your check-in for your Sea Pass. Do you want a mini fridge supplied with food/drinks or left empty??

Then things in it would be fresher too!:)

Seems more want it empty than full!

But then you might pay for something you didn't use and not be aware of it, so they make some money.............:D

Archived