"Please Place Luggage Here"

leslierx

I just watched a nice you tube video of the sky and noticed a big towel or sign laying on the bed that said "please place luggage here". What in the world is that about? Who wants my luggage there, and after I unpack my suitcase, surely I will put in closet or under bed. I guess I am just not getting it!

I just watched a nice you tube video of the sky and noticed a big towel or sign laying on the bed that said "please place luggage here". What in the world is that about? Who wants my luggage there, and after I unpack my suitcase, surely I will put in closet or under bed. I guess I am just not getting it!

I believe that it's a protective covering so that in the event your luggage had some dirt on it, the dirt would not be transferred to the bed cover and linens. I believe we've just stuck it in the closet after we could put away our luggage - maybe, the steward did this, not sure.

No you aren't getting it. :D

It is a plastic sheet that is placed on the end of the bed. It is there to act as a barrier between a suitcase and the bed. Most people put their suitcase on the bed to unpack.

Once unpacking is done the plastic sheet and the suitcases go under the bed.

Take care and have a great cruise.

Mike

It is a plastic bed protector for you to use when you put your luggage on the bed to unpack. The steward will put it away when you are finished unpacking.

OH - that makes sense! I get it, I guess. I always put by luggage on the bed to unpack and have never noticed getting the bedspread dirty. Kinda strange to make a sign about it. I guess NCL is just trying to be helpfull, which is nice. I wonder how many people think they need to leave their luggage there the whole cruise....how will we sleep? (just kidding)

All of these people are lying to you...you must keep that cover on your bed at all times and leave your suitcase on it. You may use your bed for sleeping, but you cannot disturb the cover or the suitcase you placed on it. :p

Okay, serious...just as others have said....have a great cruise!!!!

All of these people are lying to you...you must keep that cover on your bed at all times and leave your suitcase on it. You may use your bed for sleeping, but you cannot disturb the cover or the suitcase you placed on it. :p

That is why I always use soft sided luggage !!:p:p

LOL..:D

My first few cruises always had those, but my last few on the Spirit did not. I always thought it was a little silly that they had to have that instruction on it, but some people dont figure things out so easily :p My wheels do get pretty dirty on my luggage, and with the gorgeous white bedspreads most of the ships have, I think they are good to have.

Silly?

I think it is a smart idea. Your bags are dirty, no doubt about it. A little dirt from maybe one suitcase is no big deal, but it adds up. We travel weekly. The little piece of carpet where we always pack and unpack bags, along with the wall where the cover opens is a mess.

I really do not think MANY cruisers would know or think about it.

Very smart idea, when I was packing, my nephew just returned my suitcase from CAMP, and I got crud all over my bed at home.

How much does NCL charge for the mat if I take it home? >G<

BTW, the mat was stowed on the side of the sliding glass door to the balcony on my cruise. Couldn't find it when I went to pack (before the steward had come).

Here's something that's important, especially in this day and age of the proliferation of bedbugs: do NOT put your suitcase on a bed (any bed!) until and unless you have first examined said bed for the presence of those little critters!

Look under the bedding, around the edges of the mattress for any signs, which would be blood droplets (ewww) or black streaks (their droppings-- double ewww). They hide well, so you probably wouldn't see the bugs themselves.

These things are EVERYWHERE these days. Disgusting, but true. And harmless, btw-- they bite, but don't spread disease... and they don't come from having a dirty cabin (or house) or anything!

Archived