NCL Gem buffet question

SailBabySail

Just booked my Bermuda cruise for June 2011 on the Gem. I read a review that says that the Gem will no longer be doing the traditional buffet in the Lido but will be cooking the food to order. This is a bit disappointing as we enjoy the buffet as it was. Also read a couple of reviews that the food is not as good as it used to be....Can someone please tell me what the truth is if you know it. Thanks very much. I am really looking forward to this cruise and the answers won't affect my booking....just curious if NCL has made these changes.

The Gem buffet has "action stations", but that really means the buffet doesn't have a single long line...it's broken up into sections so if you're looking for meat you don't have to stand behind a bunch of people who want salad before you can get to the meat.

Believe me, it's hardly different than a traditional buffet line, and almost everything is sitting out already prepared just like the typical buffet.

We were last on the Gem in February, and I didn't notice any decline in food quality.

The Gem buffet has "action stations", but that really means the buffet doesn't have a single long line...it's broken up into sections so if you're looking for meat you don't have to stand behind a bunch of people who want salad before you can get to the meat.

Believe me, it's hardly different than a traditional buffet line, and almost everything is sitting out already prepared just like the typical buffet.

We were last on the Gem in February, and I didn't notice any decline in food quality.

Thanks, this makes me feel better. I remember the food being really good on the Spirit and had hoped the Gem was just as good.

Archived