Quick Price Drop post-final payment question

Infi

Quick question just to confirm the new price drop policy. If a higher cabin category is now cheaper than what we paid, we can upgrade to that category for no cost, correct? I recently found a resident rate on my upcoming cruise and would like to take advantage of that.

Sorry for asking a question that's been asked ad nauseum. We travel in peak season, and I never expect price drops. So, forgive me, I didn't pay attention to the oh-so-confusing wording of the new price drop policy. :o Thanks in advance, all.

It depends. Last week, they had my cruise on the Tuesday special and they wouldn't allow it. It said it was for new bookings only. I heard they did do it for some and not for others. I'm personally not pleased by this and I'm disappointed before I even set foot on my first Celebrity cruise, but it is what it is.

Thanks for the replies, everyone. KruzPrincess, I'm sorry to hear you didn't have as much luck with your cruise. I think of the Tuesday specials similarly to Princess' flash fares - little to no hope of getting that price if you're already booked. :( I had a similar experience with a flash fare on HAL (some got upgrades/OBC, I didn't get anything), so I can certainly understand how it would be disappointing. It was our first HAL cruise too and I had a negative view of the line to start out with. Best thing to do is to separate the shoreside operations from the onboard experience. There's no comparison, IMHO. I hope that bad experience won't color your first cruise on Celebrity.

As for an update - I was able to upgrade both of our bookings to higher categories! I'm especially excited as we'll be treating our relatives to this cruise and we were able to get close by cabins (before our cabins were half a deck away :eek:). I do miss the old OBC price drop system, but this is better than nothing! :)

Hi Winedown and Infi...

Just wondering where you keep checking prices to see reductions for higher categories priced less.. Is it directly on the Celebrity website?. (not just the Tuesday Specials, right? because supposedly those are for new bookings only).. Do you simply check every day - to see if the prices dropped on certain categories or if they suddenly offer a resident discount?

Thanks!

- Rick

I check the x website 2x a day...every day. It has saved me thousands and gotten me upgraded to celebrity and penthouse suites.

The prices can change hourly...so even with checking a few times a day it is a craps shoot...but one that has paid off in spades for the 30 seconds it takes each time....

Be especially vigilant at the 45 day mark and beyond... That is when we have gotten our best deals....

And it is not the Tuesday specials..just the regular pricing changes...

Thanks! The sun, moon and stars aligned to be sure. The 2 that were avalable were gone within 30 minutes of my checking the price on Wednesday...so timing was everything...

We will be celebrating my 40th on board too, so i think the gods are trying to cushion the blow! :rolleyes:

• 4 months later...

Sorry if this has already been discussed elsewhere...but I can't find it if it has....was there a previous policy that allowed price drops after final payment? If so, what date did the new policy go in effect? This is our first X sailing and probably will not have any price drops but curious to know if price drops were allowed after final payment in the past. (depending on when you booked) (Similiar to RCI used to allow price drops after final payment with refund, then changed to price drops after final payment with OBC only, then changed to the latest policy of no price drops at all after final payment....just curious if X had similiar changes and if so what the effective dates are.)

Thanks.

Sorry if this has already been discussed elsewhere...but I can't find it if it has....was there a previous policy that allowed price drops after final payment? If so, what date did the new policy go in effect? This is our first X sailing and probably will not have any price drops but curious to know if price drops were allowed after final payment in the past. (depending on when you booked) (Similiar to RCI used to allow price drops after final payment with refund, then changed to price drops after final payment with OBC only, then changed to the latest policy of no price drops at all after final payment....just curious if X had similiar changes and if so what the effective dates are.)

Thanks.

Same as sister company RCI. For bookings prior to May 17th, 2010, after final payment had (or has) been made, a price drop would be honored with refundable OBC for the difference. Any existing bookings prior to May 17th are grandfathered in, or at least are supposed to be. This excludes specials for new bookings only.

Archived