Very Positive feelings for carnival Now after Spirit cruise to Alaska

oysterfiend

We did the last Carnival cruise on the Spirit to Alaska - travelling also through Glacier Bay.

We got an extremely good deal on this cruise and if not probably would never have tried Carnival again.

We got 50% off it as compensation for our disappointing Mexican Riviera SWINE FLU cruise in April 2009 and also credits from the Baja cruise we cancelled afterwards- as it was NOT going to Mexico either.

I was also sick on the cruise having got a sore throat and ears getting wet at Auckland Airport- our Qantas plane flew a day late and we had to queue up in the rain until after 3 am in the morning to catch buses to a hotel for the remainder of morning.

Missing our night at the Queen mary Hotel at long Beach,

you could say our April/May holiday 2009 got off to a bad start.

Had it not been for the compensation we probably would not have travelled Carnival again.

Some of the guests behaviour after we were told we were not going to Mexico were very angry to say the least and confrontational.

Anyhow our Carnival Spirit cruise was FABULOUS and I'll add to thread soon. WE also had 19 nights in Canada and 2 in Seattle. Wonderful trip! wouldn't have gone had it not been for the 50% off the cruise.

Thank you Carnival!!:)

Alaska is BEAUTIFUL. Glad you enjoyed it! I was on that swine flu cruise :rolleyes: I enjoyed the company and made lots of new friends on it. I'm sure it would have been a whole nuther story if I'd been sick.

Can't wait to read more.

Barb

So Glad you were on that cruise too...

The Spirit is a very fine ship, and Alaska was wonderful

We had a great time, very relaxing and exhilarating at the same time

and what about that Sunset out of Juneau...

I have been on 3 Carnival Cruises, and all three were great.

Hard to blame a cruise line for the Flight delays, and the swine flu,

but so glad they gave you a discounted cruise to make up for it.

And you made the best use of your 50% off...Alaska on the Spirit, and with us on board:o

So Glad you were on that cruise too...

The Spirit is a very fine ship, and Alaska was wonderful

We had a great time, very relaxing and exhilarating at the same time

and what about that Sunset out of Juneau...

I have been on 3 Carnival Cruises, and all three were great.

Hard to blame a cruise line for the Flight delays, and the swine flu,

but so glad they gave you a discounted cruise to make up for it.

And you made the best use of your 50% off...Alaska on the Spirit, and with us on board:o

I know that what you are saying is true, but the fact we didn't get off -after travelling such a long way

( we got off only once if you can count a few hours in San Francisco)

and how we were feeling by the end of the cruise did alter our perception of the entire experience.

We have bought a $100 certificate to use on another Carnival cruise within 4 years so we will be trying Carnival for a third time

I know that what you are saying is true, but the fact we didn't get off -after travelling such a long way

( we got off only once if you can count a few hours in San Francisco)

and how we were feeling by the end of the cruise did alter our perception of the entire experience.

We have bought a $100 certificate to use on another Carnival cruise within 4 years so we will be trying Carnival for a third time

I bought one too, and already have used it for my Liberty Cruise in 3 months..

Yea for an extra $100 OBC.

Already have $100 for being a part of a CC Group...

Something for nothing is the best!!!

Come do Hawaii.. its also on the Spirit :D

Would absolutely love to one day,

but our next Carnival cruise may be Canada /New England or something off the East coast of USA.

We haven't been over to the East yet and would love to Amtrak from the West to the East

but our next Carnival cruise may be Canada /New England or something off the East coast of USA.

We haven't been over to the East yet and would love to Amtrak from the West to the East

You would love the ports! I just did it this year! :)

Though the Glory is a great ship she is NOT the Spirit... and those of us in the roll call that had done her were not as enchanted with the Glory as we could have been.

I love the Spirit as i suspect you do too! She is a great ship!!!:D

PS.. I'm doing the Vancouver to La next year and taking Amtrak back to Vancouver... so looking forward to it... especially as i LOVE Amtrak:D

You would love the ports! I just did it this year! :)

Though the Glory is a great ship she is NOT the Spirit... and those of us in the roll call that had done her were not as enchanted with the Glory as we could have been.

I love the Spirit as i suspect you do too! She is a great ship!!!:D

Yes we like the Spirit much more than the Splendor.

Big enough but not too big-

as Goldilocks would say-

"Just right!"

We did the last Carnival cruise on the Spirit to Alaska - travelling also through Glacier Bay.

We got an extremely good deal on this cruise and if not probably would never have tried Carnival again.

We got 50% off it as compensation for our disappointing Mexican Riviera SWINE FLU cruise in April 2009 and also credits from the Baja cruise we cancelled afterwards- as it was NOT going to Mexico either.

I was also sick on the cruise having got a sore throat and ears getting wet at Auckland Airport- our Qantas plane flew a day late and we had to queue up in the rain until after 3 am in the morning to catch buses to a hotel for the remainder of morning.

Missing our night at the Queen mary Hotel at long Beach,

you could say our April/May holiday 2009 got off to a bad start.

Had it not been for the compensation we probably would not have travelled Carnival again.

Some of the guests behaviour after we were told we were not going to Mexico were very angry to say the least and confrontational.

Anyhow our Carnival Spirit cruise was FABULOUS and I'll add to thread soon. WE also had 19 nights in Canada and 2 in Seattle. Wonderful trip! wouldn't have gone had it not been for the 50% off the cruise.

Thank you Carnival!!:)

So glad that you had a great cruise this time! You deserve it for going through the Swine flu craziness!

Archived