NCL is really excellent with ....

singinglizzie

Can anyone tell me what is included in the Courtyard villas? We are on the Dec 24-2 Jan cruise on the Jade and not sure what we will be receiving. We have been Holland America cruisers but they are slowly losing their shine especially the smaller ships. We are cancelling a cruise on the Ryndam from the horrid reviews on CC just like the ones we read for the Prinsendam another small ship but we went anyway and it cost double what they normally charge for a horrible fourteen days. Can't wait to see how NCL will be!!

I'm surprised about Holland America..weren't they purchased by or owned by Carnival?

How does that work? never heard of it!

I did some research and found out about this OBC reward. I then registered with Tropicana. Next, I went to the store and bought 3 orange juices, got my points, and printed my certificate. I will send it in today and hopefully get 100.00 of free OBC for the next cruise. What a deal, thanks for putting that in your post!

This is really great to read. We have never taken a cruise before and have a large family (6). I wish we could have afforded a suite based on all of the comments. We are so psyched and can't wait until xmas day! What I really need to figure out is our excursions on the Bahamas. Any suggestions?

-Suites! NCL suites are gorgeous and the service (butler and concierge) is outstanding. Although suites are more expensive than other cabins, IMHO NCL suites are less expensive than anything close to comparable on other cruise lines.

-Fruit soups.

-Casual dining. After a day in port, it's very nice to be able to have a nice dinner without dressing up...unless you choose to do so:D.

When I win the lotto, I'm getting a suite, maybe the garden villa:D

This is really great to read. We have never taken a cruise before and have a large family (6). I wish we could have afforded a suite based on all of the comments. We are so psyched and can't wait until xmas day! What I really need to figure out is our excursions on the Bahamas. Any suggestions?

Welcome to CC and to cruising. You and your family will have a wonderful time. And cruising on Xmas--how great.

Haven't done many excursions in the Bahamas, but we did enjoy the Dolphin Encounter in Nassau. Our DD and SIL did the Atlantis tour and enjoyed that.

Enjoy your cruise!

I did some research and found out about this OBC reward. I then registered with Tropicana. Next, I went to the store and bought 3 orange juices, got my points, and printed my certificate. I will send it in today and hopefully get 100.00 of free OBC for the next cruise. What a deal, thanks for putting that in your post!

I hope you get your OBC but a lot of people have been denied. I am waiting to hear about mine.

• 9 months later...
Can anyone tell me what is included in the Courtyard villas? We are on the Dec 24-2 Jan cruise on the Jade and not sure what we will be receiving. We have been Holland America cruisers but they are slowly losing their shine especially the smaller ships. We are cancelling a cruise on the Ryndam from the horrid reviews on CC just like the ones we read for the Prinsendam another small ship but we went anyway and it cost double what they normally charge for a horrible fourteen days. Can't wait to see how NCL will be!!

I posted the results of this cruise and we LOVED the ship! The villa although smaller than HAL but the extras were marvelous! Coffee machine right in the room, they are big on putting snacks in the room like chocolates and even a gingerbread house with cookies and candies around the base. We were on a diet and actually stuck with it so had them come take that away pronto! Asked for fruit and got chocolate dipped strawberries...Ugh! sent those back and finally got melon slices and fruit after that. Loved how the butler takes you to the suite and shows every thing to you. Loved the night light in the toilet area and window in the shower with jets running up and down the wall to my knees, cool! Didn't like how they woke us every night at 2:00 am washing down the decks and hooking up the hose to the bulkhead on the other side of our room we were an end unit. If I could find a route we have not taken I would jump on another cruise with NCL tomorrow much cheaper than HAL and you get so much more. Dining service mmmm not so good but read my other write up for the full low down. Oh and loved the reserved seating in the theater just for the villas cool beans!!!:D

Their freestyle concept. I will have a hard time going back to any ship that requires me to eat at a specified time in a specified location.

Ditto. Or with total strangers..

The whole freestyle concept from top to bottom. I guess we are just freestyle kind of peeps, because the whole cruise was so relaxing and actually felt like a vacation..

Archived