Scubagirl..........

gram2trips

Just wanted to tell you I got to Nassau last Thursday on Carnival Pride. Took taxi to ferry & on to Blue Lagoon. Did the dolphin encounter. It was wonderful & the lagoon is beautiful. We had the best hot dog there!!! A beautiful island. Maybe next time I can see more of it. Went to Hard Rock & some shops on Bay street. thanks for all great info u gave & give!!! Going again in March with family including triplet grandchildren. Hoping to take them to Ardastra & Blue Lagoon.

Just wanted to tell you I got to Nassau last Thursday on Carnival Pride. Took taxi to ferry & on to Blue Lagoon. Did the dolphin encounter. It was wonderful & the lagoon is beautiful. We had the best hot dog there!!! A beautiful island. Maybe next time I can see more of it. Went to Hard Rock & some shops on Bay street. thanks for all great info u gave & give!!! Going again in March with family including triplet grandchildren. Hoping to take them to Ardastra & Blue Lagoon.

Glad you had a great time. It certainly is a beautiful island.

Scubagirl - 1st I'd like to say that of all the posters on CC you are the most informative, considerate and friendly. I so appreciate that so Thank You!

I'm looking for some help regarding my day in Nassau from 9am to 6pm on December 24th. My DH does not always go on excursions so if I'm doing it on my own I book through the cruiseline. I'm in my early 50s and don't have difficulty getting around. Carnival has two excursions I'm considering. The 1st is Pirates of Nassau & Historical Highlights Tour. The second is Discover Atlantis or Discover Atlantis & Harbor Cruise. My questions are:

1. I really like pirate lore so I'd like to go to the Pirate Museum but I've read that it may not be worth it. Have you been and what did you think?

2. Which would you recommend the road or water to get to Atlantis. Both are priced the same.

3. Is it possible to do both of these excursions within my time in Nassau?

Thanks so much for all the help you give everyone on CC.

Scubagirl - 1st I'd like to say that of all the posters on CC you are the most informative, considerate and friendly. I so appreciate that so Thank You!

My pleasure - always glad to help

I'm looking for some help regarding my day in Nassau from 9am to 6pm on December 24th. My DH does not always go on excursions so if I'm doing it on my own I book through the cruiseline. I'm in my early 50s and don't have difficulty getting around. Carnival has two excursions I'm considering. The 1st is Pirates of Nassau & Historical Highlights Tour.

The second is Discover Atlantis or Discover Atlantis & Harbor Cruise. My questions are:

1. I really like pirate lore so I'd like to go to the Pirate Museum but I've read that it may not be worth it. Have you been and what did you think?

The website is at www.pirates-of-nassau.com you can take a look and check for yourself.. it's informative, a little erry.. but then again.. they are pirates. This certainly gives you a better feel for being in the bahamas than Atlantis.. We have a slave museum as well.. that may be of interest. It's downtown near the straw market. http://www.the-bahamas-islands.com/pompey.html Not sure if it's open on Xmas eve

2. Which would you recommend the road or water to get to Atlantis. Both are priced the same.

Personally, i love the water taxi's, they are more fun, cultural and a way to interact with the locals, you'll also get a tour guide pointing out areas of interest. If you enjoy his spiel.. tip him a dollar or two. One thing to add is that the ferries leave every 30 minutes.. no necessarily on the 30 min/hour mark. They leave 30 minutes after the last ferry pulled away.. so depending on when you get there.. u could wait 1 minute.. or 30.

3. Is it possible to do both of these excursions within my time in Nassau?

The harbour cruise is the same "cruise" as the ferry boat.. they disembark only a few meters apart from one another.. same tour, same tour guide training.

You could take a quick taxi or ferry to atlantis to look around. I think discover atlantis may include the aquarium, but i'm not sure.

I'd do the pirates tour and then see how much time you have left. Remember.. traffic on the Paradise Island bridge backs up from 4:30 - 6pm, so give yourself plenty of time (about 40 mins) to get back to port at that time of day.

Thanks so much for all the help you give everyone on CC.

Enjoy

I am thinking of signing up for this excursion with my family we are also on the Pride. How long are you with the dolphins? If we do the 1:30 time, is there any time for the beach? Any advice appreciated. Did you do any other shopping sightseeing/ shopping in Nassau?

We are going during Thanksgiving and I am wondering if we have enough time to do the blue lagoon. We arrive at 7am, which means you aren't off the ship till 8 am, and then we leave at 2 pm, which means you have to be back on by 1pm. So, we have 5 hours max to do something in Nassau. I thought the garden looked awesome, but I love the dolphins. Of course we could always do the dolphins at another stop. I think we go to San Juan and Gran turk - so I know there are other things to do. I have done the dolphins in Cozumel and just think it's a blast. But then you have to count the cost of all those excursions. Any ideas are most grateful. It's nice to share opinions with other cruisers.

Archived