Sun Princess electrical outlets

Miss416

Good question. I have always assumed you would be able to use both, because there may be times the ship goes to more distant overseas areas, off the usual aussie routes, and it would be handy then for those from US with their appliances.

But I have to admit that despite having been on the ship, I don't know for sure because of course we only used the aussie outlet.

• 2 weeks later...
We are Americans sailing on the Sun Princess in 2011. Do we need a converter? If so, what kind? Thanks!

As far as I am aware Sun Princess and Dawn Princess have Aus power points... We were on Dawn Princess and def Aus and Sun would be same so def Aus power adaptors :p Fiona

HI

We just returned from the Sun Princess 2 weeks ago. We had an oceanview cabin and there was both Aus and US outlets. At the dresser was 1 US power point, at the corner stand under the TV was 1 AUS and 1 US power plug and under the hall table was 1 US power point.

Hope this helps

Tania

We are Americans and just got off the Sun Princess earlier this month. You won't need a converter, as there are both Aussie and US outlets in the cabins. What I did forget about though was the fact that our US electrical items (mainly our sound machine) obviously couldn't be used at pre and post cruise hotels in Australia. Will remember to take a battery operated one next time we travel international. Have a wonderful cruise:)

Pam

We are Americans and just got off the Sun Princess earlier this month. You won't need a converter, as there are both Aussie and US outlets in the cabins. What I did forget about though was the fact that our US electrical items (mainly our sound machine) obviously couldn't be used at pre and post cruise hotels in Australia. Will remember to take a battery operated one next time we travel international. Have a wonderful cruise:)

Pam

That is true Pam but my memory is that there is only one Australian outlet and that's in a suite.

Cheers

Di

Archived