cruise out of San Juan, Puerto rcio..pleaseplease help!!!

aprilmay85

anyone take a cruise out of san juan, puerto rico?? we wanna book our honeymoon on the victory out of san juan but I dont know how to fly there. we have always taken cruises out of ft. lauderdale & just used southwest from NY to FL. what airline goes to PR? and how do you book it ? any help or experience would be great! thank you!

anyone take a cruise out of san juan, puerto rico?? we wanna book our honeymoon on the victory out of san juan but I dont know how to fly there. we have always taken cruises out of ft. lauderdale & just used southwest from NY to FL. what airline goes to PR? and how do you book it ? any help or experience would be great! thank you!

April,

We cruise out of Puerto Rico all the time. We live in Chicago and usually fly with American Airlines. Most major carriers fly there. We are getting married in January on St Thomas coming on The Serenade of the Seas out of San Juan. I would check out Expedia.com.

We cruised out of San Juan last October on the Victory! We had stops in St. Thomas, Dominica, Barbados, St. Lucia, Antingua & St. Kitts! Not sure if the stops are the same still?

We absolutely LOVED it! Hands down the best cruise we've taken! I would def. recommend it! We signed up for an excursion at every port of call too through Carnival! Let me know if you have any questions about specifics!

We flew into San Juan the day before & stayed overnight at the Wyndam Rio Mar Resort. It was about a 45 min tax ride (which wasn't cheap) from the airport/port. We stayed there because we anticipated going to the rainforest on the day we arrived, but due were too tired once we arrived.

While I'm not sure i'd recommend staying at that specific resort, i would say to fly in the day before & relax before cruising! Stay somewhere close to the port though!

As far as flying into San Juan, I can't remember which Air Carrier we used, but we booked it through Expedia (like the other post mentioned). Most of the airlines fly into San Juan.

To go along with the answers that you received from the same question on another sub-forum, you probably shouldn't focus on what airlines serve San Juan in general, but rather what airlines serve San Juan at the times that I want to go and come back. To do this--and since Southwest is not a factor--use a metasearch site like kayak.com or itasoftware.com. If you can use "nearby" airports make sure that you check that as on option. At this point you can narrow down the particular flights and airlines that you are interested in and go to their website for booking.

To clarify Parody's post a little, and after flying to San Juan for over thirty years....

You may have options on your home airport but only fly into SJU. There are other airports on the island but you only want SJU.

If you can fly down the day prior to embarkation that's always wise. There is much to see and experience in Puerto Rico.

Absolutely do not book a return flight before noon. The airport is a zoo on heavy cruise days and it takes stamina to make it to the plane.

Book wisely and enjoy your honeymoon cruise.

How about Jet Blue? They fly to SJU out of New York.

• 2 weeks later...
what airline goes to PR? and how do you book it

Pretty much all major US airlines fly to Puerto Rico as far as I know. I've flown Delta there, and friends have flown US Air and Air Tran.

You book it the same way you book any other domestic airline flight, either by calling the airline or going to the airline website. Your cruise will be out of the city of San Juan, and San Juan's airport code is SJU. Just enter that as your destination city. As far as making a reservation and flying there, it is really not different than flying to any other city in the US. :)

Archived