Help Past or Future Port Canveral Brides

chloe31

We will be getting married on the Carnival Sensation in November of 2011. Since we live in Jacksonville, Fl and most of our guest are coming from the mid west we will all be getting in a day early and staying at a hotel.

We've heard that the Radison allows you to leave your car there while you are cruising at no additional charge, and that they will shuttle you to the port. But when I called the hotel they would not confirm. So now I feel like we should hire a bus to transport us all to the port to make sure that we get there on time.

Any past brides have experiance with this? Or future brides have any ideas? Any help would be wonderful!

I can't really answer your question because we sailed out of Ft Lauderdale however, I had confirmed the shuttle with the hotel I was staying at 3 times before checking in. When I arrived, during check in, they asked me if I needed shuttle service the next day. I said yes I should have service for 20+ people leaving here at 10 am. The lady at the desk knew nothing about it, they couldn't find any info on it and said that the only shuttle that would be available would be for the 16 guests staying at the hotel and it would be leaving the hotel at 1:15...

After a lot of back and forth I got the shuttle for 20+ at 10:00am.

Bottom-line... if you get an employee to confirm a shuttle for you, write down their name and title along with the time and date.

im getting married jan 29th on the freedom out of ft. lauderdale. And we have 35 people flying in from NY & staying the night before. I also have a shuttle for us all & got the managers name but she told me to call about 3 weeks before to remind them...I would FREAK out if they told me that Lil black dress!!!!:eek: this is a free shuttle for staying at the hotel & we have to be there 1030...they better!!! hahaa any other advice ?!?

We have stayed at La Quinta Inn (I think its Hollywood that offered the shuttle, we normally travel with pets so we have points thru them) Anyway the place was nice staff was fantastic. They allowed us to throw a pizza and beer party in the gazebo and breakfast area (and policy is no alcohol in common areas)

And they came through with the shuttle the main point!!

My wedding guests will all be staying at the Radisson. Taking the shuttle and being on time is my biggest concern. I stressed to Shannon, the lady who takes care of group bookings, that we must be at the port no later than 10:25. She said she has my guests on the 10 am shuttle list already. Of course being the worry wart I am, I will confirm this again closer to my date. I also have all my emails of her reassuring me that we have the shuttle reserved so I plan to print them out and take them with me in case there is an issue.

Hi, I have stayed at the Best Western in Jax everytime we have cruised and seriously love the service, the hotel is ok nothing special, but the service and parking are awesome and the manager there will get you a free shuttle for your guests at the time you need it. I have seen them work with other wedding parties and they are really wonderful about getting them to the port in time. Good Luck and have a blast.:)

Archived