Cocktail Party?

sinesbride

Wow...that's it...holly moly..Should I book this prior to the cruise or do you book it while on the cruise? hehehe...

It has to be booked and paid for prior to the cruise. You'll need to contact Carnival Groups... 866-721-3225

:)

I think you may want confirm that price is per person per hour. So your 20 people will be $228.80 plus likely gratuities.

Trust me... it's $11.44 for a one hour party, gratuity included...

It's the same price what we paid for our last five cocktail parties including the one ten days ago... We had 86 people at that one...

I think you may want confirm that price is per person per hour. So your 20 people will be $228.80 plus likely gratuities.

Each person pays their own to the organizer who pays the ship. Gratuities are included but you can also tip in cash to your bartender and servers. They also ask that each paid person have somekind of wrist band or something that will identify them as a paid member, and you need a manifest.

Trust me... it's $11.44 for a one hour party, gratuity included...

It's the same price what we paid for our last five cocktail parties including the one ten days ago... We had 86 people at that one...

So it's $11.44 for one hour for drinks and dry snacks? Not a cash bar? And not per person? No matter how many people you have? Really?!?!?!?

Each person pays their own to the organizer who pays the ship. Gratuities are included but you can also tip in cash to your bartender and servers. They also ask that each paid person have somekind of wrist band or something that will identify them as a paid member, and you need a manifest.

So for all intents and purposes it is a per person event. Whether it is hosted and paid by one person or it is each individual paying for their own through one person.

Thanks for the follow up.

So for all intents and purposes it is a per person event. Whether it is hosted and paid by one person or it is each individual paying for their own through one person.

Thanks for the follow up.

Yeah, you have to provide Carnival with a specific number of attendees that you will prepay for. It's not like you can just kinda walk up and say, hey... I want a cocktail party. I think the cutoff is a week prior to the date of the voyage.

We have a 90 minute one booked for our cruise that sails on 10/31 and plan to get my money's worth. :D

We had a one hour party on the Conquest about 10 days ago and EVERYONE had plenty!!!

We had 86 folks and the servers and bartenders worked their tails off. We 'passed the hat' and collected $75 as an additional tip for them. They really appreciated it...

To Host Mach, or anyone else that may know:

In August, I booked the hour cocktail party for 20 people for a cruise in Jan.'11. There are now 14 additional folks who are interested in attending this party. My question is: Do I call Carnival now, to add the additional guests, and make payment?, or, do I add the additional guests once I get on the cruise, and make payment at that time?

Thanks in advance for any assistance with this.

Steve

In August, I booked the hour cocktail party for 20 people for a cruise in Jan.'11. There are now 14 additional folks who are interested in attending this party. My question is: Do I call Carnival now, to add the additional guests, and make payment?, or, do I add the additional guests once I get on the cruise, and make payment at that time?

Steve

Call and make payment arrangements now.

They do make it easy to make it hard to walk a straight line after one hour.

Steve

I organized this for our cruise in February. You need to add people that you're aware of ahead of time so they can make sure they book you in a space that can hold everyone. But if you have a few to add once you get onboard, you can do that in the Formalities shop. They will add it to your sign and sail card, so it's up to you to collect from the people participating.

I have a document that Carnival sent me with all of the options for private parties. It's 13 pages, so I'll be kind enough to not post it here, but if anyone would like it, just email me... tammy.hisler@gmail.com

It's well worth the money... enjoy!!!

We have one planned for our November 21st sailing on the Conquest. A person on our roll call put it together. It is a minimum of 20 people. She set up a paypal system. Once she had 20 people paid, she went ahead and booked it with Carnival. We are at a higher number now, but had to have at least 20 paid guests before she booked it, because she didn't want to get stuck with the minimum in case there weren't enough people.

I organized this for our cruise in February. You need to add people that you're aware of ahead of time so they can make sure they book you in a space that can hold everyone. But if you have a few to add once you get onboard, you can do that in the Formalities shop. They will add it to your sign and sail card, so it's up to you to collect from the people participating.

I have a document that Carnival sent me with all of the options for private parties. It's 13 pages, so I'll be kind enough to not post it here, but if anyone would like it, just email me... tammy.hisler@gmail.com

It's well worth the money... enjoy!!!

Our party is booked in Sam's Piano Bar, so it shouldn't be a problem, space-wise with 34 people (could be a few others joining, but I don't think it'd be many more). I called Carnival today after reading Golfadj's suggestion-I was told that the policy has recently changed-once the booking is made, you can no longer add others, until the cruise(the event planner did make a note that 14 more guests will be attending the party)-since I am the organizer, they will add the cost to my sign and sail card. I have everyone's money, so far, so that should not be a problem........Thanks.

We have one booked on the Glory Nov 7th sailing. It's amazing 20+ strangers on our roll call actually committed to the party and paid 1 brave soul to have it on his account. We all mailed our checks to him and now are around 25 and counting.

I just saw a post about Carnival now limiting certain drinks to the 1 hour open bar. We've had them in the past and we had any drink you wanted. We are to be getting a list shortly. So my question is what type of drinks do they serve and will they deviate from that list? Can you get drinks straight up? Any info will be much apppreciated.

I just did my first private party on the Splendor this past week. We had 20 in our group including a 12 year old. But 2 opted out of the party. We were still able to do it, as long as we paid for 20 people. Since it was a surprise for my brother and sister-in-laws anniversary, the 15 of us in the know all chipped in and paid for the 20 guests that were required (19 adults and 1 child non-alcoholic soda bar). Even though we were paying more for the two who weren't participating and my brother, sister-in-law and nephew, it still only came out to $25 per person for the 2 hr open bar with dry snacks. I also ordered two cakes for the party as well. The cakes I paid for on my own. Our party was scheduled right after our dinner at 10PM in the Board Room (a decent sized meeting room on the other side of the Cigar bar. We had two waiters and more than got our money's worth. The open bar includes everything but shots (beer, wine, mixed drinks and frozen drinks) and no doubles.

It was great! I fully intend to do this anytime I have 20 or even close to it on a cruise!

Misty

We did one on the Ecstacy a couple of weeks ago. We were a group of about 25, small groups traveling together and decided to do this on CC. One person collected checks and Paypal payments until we hit 20 and then booked and paid. We had 1 1/2 hours, and it was way too long as few of us remember the photos taken afterwards :o. Great service, and no shortage of beverages. I introduced several friends to cosmos, and with the great bartender and service, we probably should have stopped after 45 minutes :eek:.

Archived