Returned today off Dream :( They need help !

Inginegirl

Just got off the Dream, many many issues on that Ship. They need to take that one off the fleet and re-do the staff, and Guest Service policies. My list is long of the problems we had on that ship, right down to a VIP cabin that smelled like a sepic tank all week. Come on 4000.00 for a cabin that smelled. Fights in the halls late at night and no one would answer at Guest Services, SHORT STAFFED everywhere. And it goes on and on. But I am going to stop here because I just want to forget about it and book with RCCL next time !:mad:

Sorry your cruise was not up to par. :( We have had one good, one not so good cruise with Carnival. I truly believe that it has to do with timing, and clientele of that particular cruise. Spring Break being one of them for us. :rolleyes:

You say fights? What type of passengers? Was it a school Fall Break?

PS - I see that you have had other Carnival cruises, so I assume those went OK since you booked another one. Too bad that the Dream was "off" this week. ;)

I would be upset also if my cabin have a terrible odor. On my 1st time on the Victory the bathroom had that odor. I added 3 glasses of water to the drain on the floor and a couple of glasses each day and that suppressed the odor. Too bad they did not send someone to rectify the condition.

Different deck, different experience....I had a great cruise. I caught a whiff of the "Smell" once on Serenity as we were leaving Nassau and were directly behind the Oasis of the Seas??? I didn't have the staff issues, I had good service.

boaterette Bye.

:confused: Who are you saying Bye to? :confused:

I would be upset also if my cabin have a terrible odor. On my 1st time on the Victory the bathroom had that odor. I added 3 glasses of water to the drain on the floor and a couple of glasses each day and that suppressed the odor. Too bad they did not send someone to rectify the condition.

Thanks for that tip! :) We occasionally have that "bathroom smell" in our staterooms. It's awful. :eek:

I Was On The Oct 2, Sailing On The Dream! First I Must Say The Dream Is One Of Carnival Finest Ship!!! But It's "Some" Of The People Who Sail Her, Make Her Ugly!!!! I Never Saw So Many Security Guards On A Cruise Before!! I Had A Cat 1A Room (9359) And I Agree The "SMELL" Is Real And, Not Imagined!!!! The Entertainment Could've Been Better!! Food Was Good!! I'm With Original Poster, I'm Moving On!! Royal Caribbean Here I Come!!!!!

Did you say something to anyone about the smell? I would have been downstairs at the service desk. You can write a letter to them about your concerns. Other than the smell, you didn't say anything about why you didn't like your cruise.

A fair and detailed report helps others who may want to sail on the Dream.

Did the Dream last May..Going again next May...great ship, I am about to sail my 3oth cruise, not all with Carnival by any means, altho I just turned "Platinum"....I would rank the Dream one of my top 3 cruises out of all of em!.. The Specialty restaurant is one of the best not only at sea, but serves only Prime beef...It was exceptional...

Just got off the Dream, many many issues on that Ship. They need to take that one off the fleet and re-do the staff, and Guest Service policies. My list is long of the problems we had on that ship, right down to a VIP cabin that smelled like a sepic tank all week. Come on 4000.00 for a cabin that smelled. Fights in the halls late at night and no one would answer at Guest Services, SHORT STAFFED everywhere. And it goes on and on. But I am going to stop here because I just want to forget about it and book with RCCL next time !:mad:

So does this mean that you won't be back to answer anyone's questions?

I take postings like this with an itsy, bitsy, grain of salt. No detailed information, no examples, "fights" plural, no answer from Guest Services? Why not call Security? What's a "VIP cabin" anyway, a suite, Spa cabin?

Oh well...if you come back great, if not...no great loss.

Fights onboard would be scary ! I'll be going on my first Carnival cruise in December and hope not to have any issues such as you've described ! I have cruised with HAL and Celebrity, so my expectations are high.

I would have talked to the cleaning staff about the smell first of all. That would be something Carnival would "have to address" ? Since we can't board a plane with a suitcase containing bleach or Fabreze, they'd have to do something about the smell and/or lack of higiene, end of conversation!

I agree with other posters in this thread, please detail all the problems so that we know what to avoid or expect.

OP: Why don't you post this on John Heald's blog. I am sure that he would be interested in hearing from you. I would love to read his response to your story. As someone else posted no real details or facts only teasers. The mystery rants have been getting better and better lately.

What is a VIP cabin? Why did it cost $4000?

We sailed on the Dream and had a great time, not sure what the problem was on your cruise or why you paid so much for a cabin.

We've been on many Carnival cruises and we have book cruises twice as long in suites and not paid $4,000.

Besides having a bad cruise as you say, you might try booking a bit different. This is "hurricane season" and it is quite cheap to sail on all the ships....$4000????

We are booked on the Magic in a beautiful cabin with a huge balcony in May, and we are paying much less that $4000 (actually half of that for 12 days on a brand new ship)

For $4000, you should try the Yachts of Seaborne. If you want to spend that much, I'm sure you will be happy on that line.

The complaints seem pretty general. Still, I would feel a lot more comfortable booking one of the familiar classes of ships, which I KNOW are good. Too many potential problems (like crowds) with the new crop of mega ships.

Will any more smaller ships EVER be built for Carnival, NCL, RCL, etc?

There was a fight on our last 2 Disney Cruises! Its not just Carnival! Doesn't matter which cruise line you sail! Its bound to happen when some people consume a few too many wobbly pops!

Sorry that didn't work out for you. I am wondering, too, if anything good happened?

The Dream cruise was my best cruise ever in spite of a few small issues like problems with the laser light show, and other small stuff, like they had my cabin mate and I switched on ID's and S&S. Took four tries with GS and Security to straighten them out. STILL NOT ENOUGH to ruin my cruise.

And if my cabin smelled I would have housekeeping on it until it was gone.

$4,000?

I hope the Magic does not have all the problems that the Dream seems to have.

We were on the Dream in May and had none of the problems reported at all.

It was a beautiful brand new ship and we thought it was great. I can't imagine what people are complaining about - we did not wait on any lines, we did not smell any bad smells, the food was delicious, the service was wonderful.

....I can't imagine all the negative things people post or what they expect on the ships. I guess we are easy to please because we always have great cruises.

I wouldn't call the Dream my favorite ship but we had a good cruise on her. We were on deck 11 and never smelled the "smell". My biggest complaint was not being able to get a good seat for the shows. It sure wasn't enough to stop cruising on Carnival.

Fights can happen on any ship, it would be nice to know how they handled them. Give us some details OP.

I'm surprised the smell was so high up...usually that happens on the lower decks. We've only experienced a faint smell a time or two. Hmmm...I wonder if someone got sick on the carpet or something. Either way I would have thought Carnival would have gotten right "on it" especially since you were in a VIP cabin.

Archived