BioBay Tour and 10PM Departure

themutis

We will be on the Solstice in Jan in San Juan from 2pm-10pm. We would love to do the early Bio Bay tour. The tour operator says it ends at 8:15 and is about a 1 hour 15 minute drive back to San Juan.

Looking for someone who may have done this and had a 10Pm departure time. Don't want to miss the boat

Thanks

TBN Hubby here...

I would NOT do this unless it is a ship's tour because it is cutting the departure time much too close -- for my comfort zone, anyway.

We did the bio-bay at Farhardo (sp?) on our own during a 3-day pre-cruise stay and it was just after 11:00 when we got back to OSJ. However, we were NOT in a great hurry so didn't try to hurry up the driver. If it is a moonless or nearly moonless night, this is worth the trip...

We will be on the Solstice in Jan in San Juan from 2pm-10pm. We would love to do the early Bio Bay tour. The tour operator says it ends at 8:15 and is about a 1 hour 15 minute drive back to San Juan.

Looking for someone who may have done this and had a 10Pm departure time. Don't want to miss the boat

Thanks

Bio-Bay tour was one of the most memorable experiences we've ever had. Timing sounds like you can get it in. Go for it you won't be sorry.

Unfortunately, Celebrity is not offering this tour. I was interested in doing this also, but it looks like the timing may not work.:(

Jazzbo- we are on Solstice the week before you and I also wanted to do this tour but was uncomfortable with the timing...so wish Celebrity would offer this as an excursion. We normally like to do water excursions at the Ports but are settling with a dinner tour of Old San Juan (which I'm sure will be nice but not ideal for us).

Timing sounds like you can get it in. Go for it you won't be sorry.

Huh? The timing sounds like they would be at very high risk of not getting back to the ship in time. As great as the tour might be, I would not think it is worth missing all aboard time over! Even if the tour ended on time and took the hour and fifteen minutes that was estimated to the OP, it means they would arrive back to San Juan just at the moment everyone is required to be all aboard the ship. If the excursion or trip back were to take a couple of extra minutes, they'd arrive back to San Juan AFTER all aboard time.

Archived