LAX to port

East Coaster

Need some information as this will be the first time flying into LAX to cruise. How far is the port from the airport? Do you recommend booking the transfers through cruise lines? Our ship will leave at 5 pm - and we are traveling from MA so we need information before we book airfare.

Thanks for the help.

Hello, I live here in the LA/Long Beach area. I would suggest getting a company called Super Shuttle right at the airport. If you get a taxi you could get caught in one of our famous traffic jams and the meter keeps running., so first try getting the shuttle. They pick up right out side the baggage pick up areas. It takes about 25 to 30 minutes to get from LAX to San Pedro port and 30 to 35 to get to Long Beach port. If you havn't made your air reservations as yet, I also would suggest checking into flying into Long Beach Airport (Jet Blue, American, America West all use this facility), much nicer, small airport , less stress, less people , less traffic. To contact Supper Shuttle , you can just go to the LAX website and click on transportation options and it should bring it up. If I remember correctly it has a 1-800 number , you can make reservations that way, the same if you use Long Beach Airport. I have used Super Shuttle before and have been satisfied with the service. Have a great trip.

In answer to your question regarding cruiseline transfers versus personal transportation to the port, I highly recommend using personal transportation. As the previous poster suggested, Super Shuttle is a good choice. Do not use cruiseline transfers as you will have to stand in line to board a bus with tons of people, wait for all the luggage to be loaded and then a slow crawl bus ride to the port where everyone will unload off the bus at the same time; the result an instant huge line at the port. Also, I have heard of folks getting their luggage lost from the airport to the port by the bus loaders. Much better to be in charge of your own luggage and transportation. You will get to the port easier,quicker and cheaper. Happy Sailing!

Thank you 1cruiselvr and Cori for your help. We are sailing from the Port of Los Angeles in San Pedro aboard the Sapphire Princess in November. With your help we are going to get a private shuttle to the port. Much less hassle and crowds. Thanks again!

Archived