Epic questions

Erwende

My dh, me and ds (3) are on the 12/11 Epic in an aft balcony. Any suggestions on what the sleeping arrangements should be? I am getting nervous about this curved couch? Does it pull out to a bed?

Are any of the specialty restaurants open for lunch?

Thanks

The couch will be perfect for your son. My 9 year old slept great on the couch in our room, and my 13 year old slept like a log in grandma's room on the couch. Just FYI, the couch pulls out from the seatback providing a bed that is plenty large.

You can see it made up in this picture

345-vi.jpg

just looking back on my dailies, and it appears that on any day you can hit some of the ala carte places (Noodle Bar, Sushi Bar), but none of the specialties were open for lunch. They open at 5 (a couple) or 5:30 (most)

Can you suggest a nice quiet place to read?

Louise

On deck amidships in the center there is a covered area with chairs instead of loungers. Depending on the time of day it was very quiet. Also back behind Shakers martini bar there is a pretty secluded living room area. Also, on Deck 7 where the shuffleboard is there are chairs that most people do not find...

went on 9/11/10...the bed DOES NOT pull out..it is curved and was NOT comfortable....my husband is 6 ft and did not fit in the bed....we had a handicapped unit so it was much bigger than the standard aft room #13286. we visited a standard room with the couch...what a strange little piece of furniture...

Just got off the Epic on Oct 9th and the last week they had opened Shanghai's for lunch on sea days. The fee was only $7.50 each. More of the 5 cents 10 cents (nickel and dime) that NCL is famous for.

I suppose it would be better if they simply did not offer an Asian restaurant at all...like almost every other ship. As I recall, no one was forcing anyone to go there for lunch. Passengers could eat in the main dining room...as they would on almost every other ship.

Archived