Whitsunday Reef Flight - Enough Time?

plan2travel

February 2011, the Shadow docks at 8:00 am and tenders to Hamilton Island Resort. The ship leaves at 2:00 pm. Air Whitsunday can pick us up at the Whitsunday Airport at 10:30 am. Could we prebook a taxi to get us to the airport and then back to Hamilton Island and do you think it is doable given our time parameters? Do you know when the last tender would leave from Hamilton Island back to the ship? Thank you for any help/suggestions.

...The ship leaves at 2:00 pm.... Do you know when the last tender would leave from Hamilton Island back to the ship?
Normally, guests have to be back on board 30 minutes before departure. Depending on distance, the last tender is often scheduled half an hour before that: the deadline will be displayed at the gangway. YMMV! It's probably obvious, but if you're doing an independent tour, you're 100% in charge of getting back before the ship leaves. If (for example) your plane has a mechanical breakdown, the ship may not wait. By all means take a mobile/cell phone and call the ship and/or the port agent if you do have a problem. Missing the ship is rare, and the port agent will help you get to the next port if necessary.

hi plan2travel

i did this tour when i was on the whisper however i organised it through the ship.

this is a must see experience, if u organise it through the ship u will have no problems.

cheers

Jennifer

Archived