Nov,21,2010 Presidents Cruise Excursions

beaver330

I am hoping to find some advise on excursions for the presidents cruise. I have read through all (yes, all) the threads. I have checked into Patrick's tour in Bora Bora - sounds great but alas, he is out of town for the month. Our day their is Dec.1st. I was offered another tour guide but have been hesitant to commit. I would love to meet some other CC members to join in tours/excursions on the other islands but haven't had any response on the roll call.

Is anyone else going on this cruise? I hope we're not alone-well, maybe that wouldn't be too bad :D.

I would not hesitate to book Patrick's tour, whether he is personally there to guide you or not. We booked his tour last June, and unfortunately he was unavailable the day we were there - due to bad whether, the captain shifted our ports around and we arrived in Bora Bora two days ahead of schedule. No problem - the tour guide he used "Moreto" - was wonderful! We saw the lovely fish, heard some great ukelele strumming and Tahitian songs, and had a great feast on the beach. Although I am sure Patrick provides great commentary, we were very satisfied with Moreto.

1378650043_morretofeet2.jpg.73b1404a3cf3c856a47cd3016940587b.jpg

We usually take the tours offered by the ship. There are not that many private tours offered, and frankly, what is available is not necessarily any less expensive than the tours offered by PG. Plus, the small number of pax seem to disburse themselves pretty evenly around the various excursions, and we have never found any excursion to be crowded. Patrick's excursion, including the feast on the island, is unique. There were 7 of us, at I believe a cost of about $150 pp for the 3/4 day tour.

Archived