Bistros, restaurants, cafes in Paris. Your favorites?

leighuf

I'm going to be in Paris May 29 (Sunday)- June 1st (Wednesday). Food, wine, and culture is a big thing for me when visiting a country. Please tell me your favorites places to dine. I'm staying in the 6th. I've heard a lot about Allard (6th), Josephine Chez Dumonet (6th), Le Vieux Bistro (4th), and Chez Maitre Paul (6th). Need a place that is open Sundays, too.

• 2 weeks later...

I travel often to Paris and will return in 1 1/2 weeks. We'll be dining at Ateleir Maitre Albert, 1,rue Maitre Albert, Sunday evening, in the 5th on this trip. This is a Guy Savoy bistro and you can reserve at http://www.guysavoy.com.

In the past I've dined on Sunday at Bistro d'Hubert 41, bd Pasteur in the 15th. It was excellent and is a very pretty dining area where you can see the chefs at work. Metro Pasteur I believe they also have a web site.

If you'd like details on excellent dining in Paris log onto eGullet.com France for expert information. You'll find many suggestions here.

but we dined at an outdoor cafe a few steps away from Notre Dame Cathedral. they had the most wonderful chicken salad on a baguette and my sister and I split it...it was HUGE! There are so many small diners that it was so very hard to choose where we wanted to eat! You will love them!

Archived