Thanksgiving on the high seas :)

angelka123

We were on the Freedom last year for Thanksgiving. It was a wonderful time and they did have turkey and dressing. It was not as what you would expect but it was nice to say I had turkey and dressing. I will also be on the Triumph this year for Thanksgiving and for me, just being on a cruise makes me thankful. We have a traditional dinner the Thursday before we leave. Have a great trip!

We will be on the Freedom during Thanksgiving. Does anyone know if there will be a turkey dinner for the holiday and is that typically the formal night? We wanted to bypass formal night but we don't want to miss our turkey!!! :p

Hi Angelka123! We'll be on that Freedom cruise with you. We've cruised over Thanksgiving for several years in a row, and they always have the turkey dinner as one of the choices, and it's usually formal night. But as mentioned, you can also find the turkey & fixin's on the buffet. DH & I usually order one to share in the dining room, along with another entree for each of us. That way, we can each have a taste.

See you on board!

We will be on the Triumph this year for Thanksgiving and were on her last Thanksgiving. The Thanksgiving dinner is just like the Turkey Dinner they serve on one of the nights. It's ok, but nothing to write home about. The one thing that is different is that there is a smaller menu that night and you order all of the courses, including dessert at the beginning. I think there is a special salad but it's "special" because it has cranberries in it. I usually like the MDR but the Thanksgiving dinner is kind of disappointing. But I'll have my tail there ordering the Turkey Dinner!

:)We also will be doing Thanksgiving on a Sea Day on the Miracle!!!! :D

I know it will not be like at home! Don't really care!!!! JUST SOOOOOOOO EXCITED to be cruising!

Will be very Thankful to be celebrating Thanksgiving on a cruise with my family!!!!!! :)

I will have Christmas at my house as usual! We always make a ham, told my Mom this year instead I am going to make a turkey!!!!! Much more fun! I have made to many hams in the past! Looking forward to my turkey dinner this year on Christmas!!! ;)

Have a great Thanksgiving cruising!!!!!! :)

We will be on the Triumph this year for Thanksgiving and were on her last Thanksgiving. The Thanksgiving dinner is just like the Turkey Dinner they serve on one of the nights. It's ok, but nothing to write home about. The one thing that is different is that there is a smaller menu that night and you order all of the courses, including dessert at the beginning. I think there is a special salad but it's "special" because it has cranberries in it. I usually like the MDR but the Thanksgiving dinner is kind of disappointing. But I'll have my tail there ordering the Turkey Dinner!

Does that also apply to those who don't order the traditional turkey dinner?

Thank you for posting the information about "Thanksgiving Dinner" on the high seas! Our whole family, 11 of us, will be on the Conquest also over Thanksgiving this year and this thought had also crossed my mind. We've cruised Conquest before, but not on Thanksgiving. It's so nice to know what to expect ahead of time as it relates to turkey dinner ~ might definately be one of our nights at the steakhouse. Good idea! Thanks all for the info and happy cruising!!

My partner and I will also be on The Conquest over Thanksgiving, and I was wondering the same questions as the rest of you. I have had the turkey dinner before on board the ship, and although it is not what I would prepare, it did satisfy my craving at the time. It will just be special to be with others on this day, reflecting on what we have to be thankful for, not so much what we consume. This will be a new tradition for us as our other family has passed on, so we did not want to be alone. Hence: Another CRUISE! See you on board folks!

We were on a Thanksgiving cruise some years ago (and will be again this year) and, yes, turkey was offered on the menu but was not my favorite. We were given parchment menus, rolled up with a ribbon as a souvenir menu. Not sure if they still do that. Also, we had a turkey towel animal that night on our bed. And, the ship was decorated for Christmas.

Looking forward to Thanksgiving on the Ecstasy this year.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We have cruised on the Freedom during Thanksgiving and agree with some of the above posters, if you really like a traditional turkey dinner you will be very disappointed (unless they have changed their offering). The buffet always serves a carved turkey during the week with gravy and all the fixins that is better than what is served on Thanksgiving day in the main dining room. Just my opinion...and, no one makes turkey dinner better than Mom.

Rose

We were on a Thanksgiving cruise some years ago (and will be again this year) and, yes, turkey was offered on the menu but was not my favorite. We were given parchment menus, rolled up with a ribbon as a souvenir menu. Not sure if they still do that. Also, we had a turkey towel animal that night on our bed. And, the ship was decorated for Christmas.

Looking forward to Thanksgiving on the Ecstasy this year.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Any chance of getting that menu enlarged?

Archived