Paradise, San Francisco or Chankanaab Nat. Park

Flamingo19040

We are first time cruisers as well as visitors to Cozumel. Which one of the beaches would you go to?

Thanks

:)

Same problem here, want to do Paradise Beach but also want to swim with the dolphins, what to do, what to do!!!

I guess it all depends upon what you would like to do. Chakanaab has more "activities" but it is not just a beach to go and relax on. Last year we went to Nachi Cocum(sp) and had a great time. It is very quiet and clean. the pool is great and so is the food. This time we are going to try paradise beach. But then again, I just want to relax have a drink and have fun. I don't think you can go wrong at any of the beaches you mentioned. Have fun!

Hello all! Just returned from PB. We were there on Valentine's Day. This is my honest, heart-felt opinion....

Think Jimmy Buffet, think GREAT Margaritas and Pina Coladas, think white sand, think turquoise crystal clear water, think complete relaxation....this is Paradise Beach!

A $12 taxi ride from town to the beach, $5 fee for Beach chair, umbrella, snorkel equipment (cash deposit required), ocean kayak (a cash deposit required), ocean float, parasailing at the next beach (25 feet away), two beautiful mackaws perching in the tiki hut (bar), private changing rooms, clean bathrooms, waiters bringing food and drinks to your chair, this is Paradise Beach!

If you have never snorkeled before, don't worry...neither had we. After a mouth full of salt water, I was a pro! I even got brave enough to let the air out of my vest and go under to pick up a star fish!!!

How much we loved Paradise: I am in the process of booking a cruise for next year...as long as Cozumel is on the itinerary...just so we can go to Paradise!!

Hope this helps!!

Chankanaab. Better snorkeling, dolphin and sea lion swins and shows, a lot more to see and do. Beach is man made.

Paradise - more family oriented than other beach clubs. Not everyone's vision of Paradise, but clean. New kid on the block, but no longer newest beach club.

San Francisco - was carved up into several - where Paradise, San Francisco, and Palm Beaches are today. Fresh water pool. Where the jetskis, parasailing, banana boat rides are that are mentioned as "next door to Paradise Beach."

Of the three, I'd pick Chankanaab.

Archived