Montreal to Boston -Port or Starboard side

MVTcher

We will be reserving our Canada -New England cruise from Montreal to Boston and would like to hear opinions on a stateroom either port side or starboard side. We will be cruising the St. Lawrence River and visiting the ports of Quebec City, Charlottetown, PEI, Sydney & Halifax, Nova Scotia, Bar Harbor Maine & Boston. Any thoughts if there is a better side of the ship. Thanks!

Since no one has answered this, I'll give it a try. I have not done this cruise so my answer will be just a well educated guess.

With the exceptions of cruising the St Lawrence River and the Northumberland Strait as you skirt PEI to approach Charlottetown, the cruise ship will be offshore so that either side will do. Any land that you can see will just be smudges on the horizon; plus, most of the passages between ports of call will be at night and you'll just see twinkles of distance lights.

I believe there is one sea day during which you'll be cruising the Gulf of St Lawrence which will put you well off shore.

I would suggest the starboard side for your cabin location because once you clear the St Lawrence River, for the most of the remainder of the cruise, the starboard side will face land (that you may or may not see).

And, remember, as you enter the ports of call, what you don't see on the way in, you'll see on the way out provided you are an early riser and it is not too dark when you leave.

SBtS

I do agree that the "panorama" view topside is best esp. when sailing the St Lawrence seaway and in Boston Harbor ... you just don't get the same perspective than if you are on a balcony on one side of the ship even if you see the port side going in, for example, and starboard going out.. Also Halifax harbor is very scenic and I'd want to be topside for that as well.

I do agree that the "panorama" view topside is best esp. when sailing the St Lawrence seaway and in Boston Harbor ... you just don't get the same perspective than if you are on a balcony on one side of the ship even if you see the port side going in, for example, and starboard going out.. Also Halifax harbor is very scenic and I'd want to be topside for that as well.

I found verandas to be over-rated on an Alaska cruise. One can see far more in some of the public decks.

Archived