Oasis Cruise Compass daily newsletters posted (eastern itinerary)

Just got back from week on Oasis of the Seas. It was absolutely amazing!

What a fantastic ship.

I have scanned the Cruise Compass daily newsletters from our eastern Caribbean sailing and have posted them on our web site. (Link in the signature below. On the main page, click the Oasis of the Seas link on the right hand side of the page)

Enjoy!

Mike

Ottawapuppy:

Great pics!!

Ok I have so many questions for you. How was your stay at the W hotel? My Oasis cruise is not till next year :( but I went ahead and booked the hotel room since I got such a great rate. It looks so nice at that hotel. Were there places to walk and eat and maybe do some shopping? Looking at your pics just made me 10 times more excited!!!

On Oasis, how was the breakfast at JR's? I have a D7 category balcony room and the way the D8 is set up is the exact way I want mine. Some rooms have the bed next to the closet and I can hear my boyfriend complaing now while I am trying to find my dresses or shoes (can never bring to many shoes) every morning. Also was that a private company you had in St. Thomas or something booked thru the ship? It looked so nice. I have never been to St. Thomas but I went to Bahamas last year and St. Martin last month so I was just interested. Hope you don't mind the questions and thanks again for not letting me concentrate at work (since I am all excited for a trip that is not till next year :() LOL

How was your stay at the W hotel? My Oasis cruise is not till next year :( but I went ahead and booked the hotel room since I got such a great rate. It looks so nice at that hotel. Were there places to walk and eat and maybe do some shopping?

The hotel was outstanding. Absolutely beautiful, and a great location. We used Starwood points to get it, but our friends got the same hotel through Priceline. There is a large mall nearby (within walking distance) called The Galleria. There were several restaurants in the neighbourhood. We went to one called Casa Blanca and it was good.

On Oasis, how was the breakfast at JR's?

The breakfast there was good, and it was nice to sit outside and get waiter service for breakfast. No cost to eat breakfast there.

Also was that a private company you had in St. Thomas or something booked thru the ship? It looked so nice.

That was great day. The company is called Rumbaba Charters (search that in Google). The charter is for 6 people max, so our group were the only ones on the boat (other than the captain and first mate). The lunch and snacks were excellent and they brought us to two isolated snorkeling spots. Be careful of the cocktail they serve though. I didn't make it to dinner that night (enough said...).

Mike

Ottawapuppy:

Great pics!!

Ok I have so many questions for you. How was your stay at the W hotel? My Oasis cruise is not till next year :( but I went ahead and booked the hotel room since I got such a great rate. It looks so nice at that hotel. Were there places to walk and eat and maybe do some shopping? Looking at your pics just made me 10 times more excited!!!

On Oasis, how was the breakfast at JR's? I have a D7 category balcony room and the way the D8 is set up is the exact way I want mine. Some rooms have the bed next to the closet and I can hear my boyfriend complaing now while I am trying to find my dresses or shoes (can never bring to many shoes) every morning. Also was that a private company you had in St. Thomas or something booked thru the ship? It looked so nice. I have never been to St. Thomas but I went to Bahamas last year and St. Martin last month so I was just interested. Hope you don't mind the questions and thanks again for not letting me concentrate at work (since I am all excited for a trip that is not till next year :() LOL

See you on the ship then!, We've only just come off the ship (2nd Oct) and booked again on the 11th for next year. I cant wait!! Woo Woo

Carl

P.S Get over to the meet and mingle!

The hotel was outstanding. Absolutely beautiful, and a great location. We used Starwood points to get it, but our friends got the same hotel through Priceline. There is a large mall nearby (within walking distance) called The Galleria. There were several restaurants in the neighbourhood. We went to one called Casa Blanca and it was good.

The breakfast there was good, and it was nice to sit outside and get waiter service for breakfast. No cost to eat breakfast there.

That was great day. The company is called Rumbaba Charters (search that in Google). The charter is for 6 people max, so our group were the only ones on the boat (other than the captain and first mate). The lunch and snacks were excellent and they brought us to two isolated snorkeling spots. Be careful of the cocktail they serve though. I didn't make it to dinner that night (enough said...).

Mike

Thanks so much for the info. If I do all the stressing now trying to figure out what is in the area to do then I will be good later. I told my boyfriend that he needed to plan this trip with all the details and somehow I am all involved :rolleyes:. Thanks again. I will print this and keep it.

See you on the ship then!, We've only just come off the ship (2nd Oct) and booked again on the 11th for next year. I cant wait!! Woo Woo

Carl

P.S Get over to the meet and mingle!

Carl:

Awesome! I see that you must have loved Oasis to book another one right after you got off. I wish the cruise was 9 days. I know I will not be able to do everything I want. I just got off Liberty and was not prepared ($$$) for all the cost (who knew we could spend $800 just in drinks since I don't have the guts to sneak some on board). I will be 10 times more prepared this time. I think I am signed up for the Roll Call but is the Meet and Mingle the same thing?

Carl:

Awesome! I see that you must have loved Oasis to book another one right after you got off. I wish the cruise was 9 days. I know I will not be able to do everything I want. I just got off Liberty and was not prepared ($$$) for all the cost (who knew we could spend $800 just in drinks since I don't have the guts to sneak some on board). I will be 10 times more prepared this time. I think I am signed up for the Roll Call but is the Meet and Mingle the same thing?

Just a tip about drinks. We found that a couple of dollars in cash tip went a long way. As in buying 4 drinks and getting charged for 3. Check out Adrian at Bolero's. He makes the best Mohito's. He is fun! They all like the cash tips. ;)

Carl:

I see that you must have loved Oasis to book another one right after you got off. I wish the cruise was 9 days. I know I will not be able to do everything I want.

That is very true. 7 days is not enough time. By about day 4, our gang was talking about sailing the ship again. We're going to go on Allure though to get some new shows.

Mike

Just a tip about drinks. We found that a couple of dollars in cash tip went a long way. As in buying 4 drinks and getting charged for 3. Check out Adrian at Bolero's. He makes the best Mohito's. He is fun! They all like the cash tips. ;)

Hmmm.... I gotta keep that in mind next year. My boyfriend and I just figured we would drink Long Island Iced Tea most of the time (try to get our money worth). But I will let him know about the cash tips. But we did notice that when we had some shots that it was alot cheaper, sometimes only $5 each (which is cheap for me since here in DC a shot can cost almost $8 each). Thanks for the suggestion:)

Carl:

Eeeekkkkk, my bar bill was around $350, but I enjoyed it!! Yes the Roll call is the same.

Carl

Ottowapuppy...leaving for my Thanksgiving Oasis cruise one month from today. Your website was a wonderful gift for me today as my anticipation is reaching extraordinary levels...nicely done!:)

Let me tell you, there was some kerfuffle at home the other night trying to prevent each other from clicking Book Now for the 4-day Labadee sailing on Allure on December 1st. (stupid lack of money and lack of time off....)

Enjoy your Thanksgiving cruise!

Mike

Oh...is $350 bad? It seems mine is always around that! (hee-hee) Enjoyed every sip of it.

Great username by the way.

Mike

Cheers Mike! I thought it was bad considering I dont spend that much at home, but then again $6 a pint is ruddy expensive, compared to what I usually pay, bu I was on holiday so I wasnt worried.

Carl

Hi Mike,

Thank you for posting recent compasses, I know they change slightly from time to time. I wasn't able to print them though. I had to save each page and then open another program to print each one.

Do you have them perhaps saved in another format, such as PDF?

Thanks!

Hi Mike,

Thank you for posting recent compasses, I know they change slightly from time to time. I wasn't able to print them though. I had to save each page and then open another program to print each one.

Do you have them perhaps saved in another format, such as PDF?

Thanks!

No PDF...sorry.

Try this though. Go to the original size view of the photo on smugmug. Right mouse click the image and click View Picture. The image will open in a web browser window. In the browser, click File, then Print. Should save you the extra step of saving it first.

Mike

Archived