Best Pre-dinner Lounge

Bobed1927

I leave on Sunday on my first Princess cruise. I read that the Wheelhouse Bar was a good one for pre-dinner cocktails. Looking at the deck plans, other ones that you could try are the Lobby Bar or the Promenade Lounge & Bar.

Enjoy!

Beth

I vote for Wheelhouse, just a lovely, classy relaxing atmosphere. The other bars are a bit too noisey [too much foot traffic] for my delicate digestive system.

Now, tell me more about the stuffed olives and breadsticks, please!

I have requested the nuts in the jar but the olives and breadsticks sound enticing!

Have to agree with Crooners. Great Martini and people watching before dinner.

Yes, this is a good place....a bit noisey and a lot of traffic....but, a good place to also look out the window at the amazing sea [this, of course, only works during the daylight hours!]

Where is Crooners on the Grand? I can't seem to find it on the deck plans.

That's because it doesn't have Crooners; it's called the Promanade Lounge or Promenade Bar. Much smaller than Crooners but the same location, right off the atrium. Me, I vote for Wheelhouse; that's always been my favourite for before-dinner drinks (on the rare occasions I can get myself dressed with enough time to stay longer than the time it takes to grab my martini to go on the way to dinner!).

That's because it doesn't have Crooners; it's called the Promanade Lounge or Promenade Bar. Much smaller than Crooners but the same location, right off the atrium. Me, I vote for Wheelhouse; that's always been my favourite for before-dinner drinks (on the rare occasions I can get myself dressed with enough time to stay longer than the time it takes to grab my martini to go on the way to dinner!).

I get so distracted at "Crooners" by all the people "coming" and "going" and the noise, that I'm not enjoying the relaxation and small intimate chit-chat between my honey and me!

Crooner's [for all you single or mingling folks] is a great place to socialize and make new friends. :)

Stuffed olives sounds like Adagio lounge...

Yes, they also serve them there, but the first place we ever tried them was in "Crooner's" - we saw the jars behind the bar & commented on them. That's when the bartender asked if we would like to try a sample & needless to say we were hooked. I think all the lounges offer them now since we have had them on the Emerald, Ruby & Royal Princess in the last couple of years.;)

Archived