Just supposing...

Sass4

I booked with a TA and their final payment due date is 30 days before RRCL final payment date...

Just supposing........ there is a reduction on my cabin class, could I get the price if it was before RCCL final date?

I wouldn't book with a TA that insisted on final payment that much in advance of the cruise line's date. I'd ask why they want the payment that early. Are you paying the TA directly and then the TA pays RCI? We do not book with TAs who do not process our payments directly through the cruise line (i.e., our credit card statement says "RCI" and not the name of the TA). I have a feeling that this type of advance final payment might also be a sign that the specific TA does not honor fare reductions, regardless. TAs aren't actually required to give you a lower fare, even if it's before RCI's final payment and if RCI would give you the reduction had you booked directly with them. We also do not book with TAs who will not honor fare reductions that we would qualify for if we booked directly. Also, if the TA does fare reductions before the cruise line's final payment, check on whether the TA charges a fee for that (e.g., you find a reduction of $200 in your category; TA will arrange it through RCI, but will charge you $75 to do so; your actual reduction amounts to $125).

So many things to consider. It can get awfully complicated. You need to ask the TA for his/her policies--and get them in writing!

Best of luck and have great cruise.

beachchick

Archived