Airport to Harbor in Montreal

I am currently checking flights into Montreal for our June Maasdam cruise. Am I correct that the right airport code is YUL? I keep finding different options for different airports there.

Also, what is the distance from airport to harbor? I welcome your suggestions as to the best way to get 4 adults from airport to harbor.

I am currently checking flights into Montreal for our June Maasdam cruise. Am I correct that the right airport code is YUL? I keep finding different options for different airports there.

Also, what is the distance from airport to harbor? I welcome your suggestions as to the best way to get 4 adults from airport to harbor.

yul is correct. aka Pierre Elliott Trudeau airport but will always be Dorval airport to montrealers. Taxi.

YUL is the airport code for Montreal-Trudeau, which used to be called Dorval Airport.

Montreal actually has three airports. St-Hubert (YHU), Trudeau (YUL) and Mirabel (YMX). But only Trudeau handles passengers. The other two are cargo and commuter craft only.

Taxi is fixed rate at $38 to the airport, no extras except for tip. There is a bus that is $7 per person and takes an hour. The taxi should take 35 to 40 minutes if there is little traffic. Expect closer to an hour when there is traffic. The route to the airport doesn't matter, it's a flat $38. And if you have a problem at the airport when the taxi drops you off, call a policeman... and the rate will go back to $38 instantly.

For my May cruise, I felt it best to fly in a day early. So I'm taking HAL's hotel package. That way I can see some of the lovely city before the ship departs.

Doing same day air sounded just too rush rush, especially considering today's unpredictable air service. Last year on my New England/ Canada cruise I was delayed in Atlanta...going and coming. I made my ship with merely minutes to spare. Killer migraine headache the next day !

I have only once been seriously delayed in Montreal itself, when a BA plane needed to be repaired. Every other delay that I have ever had has been in US hubs. Montreal's airports usually work like clockwork, with the only delays or cancellations caused by other cities. Montreal seem to delay for two reasons.... lightning storms and ice storms. (The ice storm was 10 years ago, or so.)

I have only once been seriously delayed in Montreal itself, when a BA plane needed to be repaired. Every other delay that I have ever had has been in US hubs. Montreal's airports usually work like clockwork, with the only delays or cancellations caused by other cities. Montreal seem to delay for two reasons.... lightning storms and ice storms. (The ice storm was 10 years ago, or so.)

Unfortunately Montreal has no control over Atlanta.

Unfortunately Montreal has no control over Atlanta.

Absolutely none. And hence most delays at YUL are created elsewhere. Which is why I prefer to fly via Canadian and European connections. I seem to have very little luck with US connections... as American Express can attest, since their insurance has paid out for me each time I get delayed overnight.

Archived