Travel Document question

littlewake2

We are taking a Carnival cruise in a few months and I had a question regarding travel documents. My family all have current up to date passports, however others in our party do not. I have looked at the Carnival website and read the information under the WHTI. We will be leaving Charleston and returning to the same port. My question is for anyone that has gone out of Charleston, when they are talking about a birth certificate being valid are they referring to a short form (as in the small card) or a long form? I'm not sure if other states other than SC have these but we do. Any information or help is great.

We are taking a Carnival cruise in a few months and I had a question regarding travel documents. My family all have current up to date passports, however others in our party do not. I have looked at the Carnival website and read the information under the WHTI. We will be leaving Charleston and returning to the same port. My question is for anyone that has gone out of Charleston, when they are talking about a birth certificate being valid are they referring to a short form (as in the small card) or a long form? I'm not sure if other states other than SC have these but we do. Any information or help is great.

Usually is an embossed birth certificate, I must admit of have not heard of more than one. Also you must have a gov't id with a picture on it. I would call Carnival if the question is for a minor.

They want a certified birth certificate with a raised seal that's issued by the department of vital statistics. You can check out Vital check dot com (all 1 word) about ordering 1 from them if you don't have one. Good Luck, and have a great time on your cruise! :)

They want a certified birth certificate with a raised seal that's issued by the department of vital statistics. You can check out Vital check dot com (all 1 word) about ordering 1 from them if you don't have one. Good Luck, and have a great time on your cruise! :)

Not all certified birth certificates have raised seals. Mine doesn't and I have used it to cruise and I used it to get my passport card.

Short form BC's from SC are officially noted as not acceptable for travel on the SC Vital Statistics page...they are not acceptable for passport applications, for example. That said, a poster (maverick1795) left out of Charleston two weeks ago using the short form cards and had no problems, and went to great lengths to make sure they would be accepted before he showed up at the pier.

Archived