Transportation from Orlando airport to Cape Canaveral

daisy7113

So, if DH and I were to fly in a day ahead of cruise, what is the best way to get from Orlando airport to a hotel near Port Canaveral? We really dont want to do much else. We just want to get to hotel and that is about it. Want to relax, not sightsee. Please advise best way of transportation.

It is abut 45-60 minutes from airport, is that correct?

We used Executive vip limo and Michael from mco/port canaveral and KSC. Highly recommended for private transportation. $79 for 3 of us in a towncar each way from MCO to cruise ship. We have him booked again for MAY 2011.

Even if you don't want to sight see, I'd still consider a rental car. We rented a full size from Avis about 2 weeks ago for $62 including taxes, one way from MCO to Cocoa Beach. The car enabled us to easily go to Walgreens for incidentals, and Fishlips for dinner.

My experience is that for one person a shuttle is cheaper than a rental car, for 2 people the cost of shuttle and rental are close, and for 3 or 4 people the rental car is cheaper.

If you don't want to rent a car and don't mind a shared van, then check out http://www.beachlinetransportation.net/ The time is also correct.

Thanks for the link. Since this would be the day before we need to get from MCO to hotel in Canaveral (not cocoa beach), would this be an issue? We haven't selected hotel yet.

Archived