FreeStyle Question

tm3750

My wife and I have sailed on Carnival and Royal Caribbean numerous times. We have sailed those two lines out of convenience, we live 20 minutes from Port Canaveral. With that said, NCL is now sailing again from Port Canaveral and we have booked on the Christmas Day Cruise.

What really got my attention is the "Freestyle Cruising" we enjoy dressing up but not all the time and this is what has drawn us to this cruise.

My question is this, what can you wear to dinner? and is it the same in all restaurants? The main dining and the french restaurant.

I know you should use common sense but what is really allowed in the more upscale restaurants.

Thanks for all your help

One of the great things about NCL is the Freestyle dress policy. For dinner it is asked that you don't wear shorts, swimsuits, flip flops, etc. But if you do dress up, you won't feel out of place! There will always be a wide variety of style from Resort Casual to Elegant.

It's one of the things I love about NCL.

usually on a 7 night cruise there are 2 what NCL calls DRESS UP or NOT nights, but all the time everywhere it is resort casual so you will see anything from shorts (differs from sailing to sailing ship to ship) and polos/island print shirts khakis and jeans to dress slacks and shirts ties jackets a tux here and there for the men to capris with tops, slacks, jeans, leggings, sundresses, skirts, cocktail dresses and gowns for the ladies...you are going to see it all and you can wear it all...YOUR CHOICE:)

LOVE FREE~STYLE:D

On the Pearl my husabnd and I wore slacks and I a blouse and he a button down to Cagneys, the couple next to us were in a tux and evening gown!

We were in Alaska and I did not want to pack dress clothes! I wanted to be warm and comfortable, that is why we picked NCL over anyone else!

I'm hoping you can answer a specific question. We plan on dining in all specialty restaurants on our upcoming cruise on the Sun. This is a charter cruise and the crowd is very casual. While the charter company has not given us specific guidelines related to dress it does prove to be a very casual crowd. Would very nice shorts and blouse fly in the specialty restaurants during a typical NCL cruise. Thanks.

I doubt the shorts will be allowed in the upcharge restaurants. Nice pants or capris will get you in though. We basically wore shorts and very casual in all the main dining rooms and had no problems, but we did dress up a bit in a nice skirt and top. Nothing really fancy though, stuff that didn't wrinkle and could be packed into a carry-on bag.

Archived