Few More Glory Questions

basketballmom

So today we found out our cabin number for our guarantee on our Glory cruise. We are on deck 1, midship oceanview.

So, DH has to know, how fast are the elevators on the Glory? Do you spend all day waiting or are they fairly quick?

When getting off in Ports, which deck do you disembark from?

If you have 6:15 seating, what time are you usually done eating by?

Does everyone do the polite thing and notify the maitre'd if you will not be eating in the dining room on a certain night so your tablemates are not kept waiting for you?

I know there will be more questions as we go along. As always, thank you to everyone for the all the help you have given to us Carnival virgins:)

I've never met an elevator on a cruise ship that I would call "fast". We found ourselves using the stairs a lot if we were going up or down less than three decks. You'll need the exercise anyways. That said, there are plenty of elevators, especially in the lobby/atrium area and if you can't handle a lot of stairs, you will not be waiting all day.

I believe the Glory boards on deck 3. Not positive on that.

Dinners seem to run about an hour and a half, regardless of which seating.

I've never thought about telling the maitre'd that we weren't coming to dinner. We've never done that. Makes sense though. You might get a bit of a guilt trip. They don't like it when you miss dinner. They're worried about their tips. We were called on the cabin phone once the day after skipping dinner to ask if we would be there that night.

The Glass Elevators...I will have to admit. Don't work all that wonderful. Seems like they would not always stop when you want them too. They are really busy tho at dinner times. We did use the stairs alot...but I think that really help us out. We ate alot ....but managed to lose 6 lbs still.

We had a 8:30 dinner sitting. were were done by 10-10:30. We never called. But did tell our Head waitress...the nite before we went to Emerald Dinning room (supper club). Just to let her know.

For the ports we always got off..on Deck 0. But when we disembarked it was off Deck 3.

If you have any more questions...I'd be glad to help out.

MrsPack

pack03@gmail.com

We're sailing on the Glory western on April 9th. What time did they start calling for self-disembark on Saturday? We have to do self-disembark since we have an early return flight home. Just wondering how smoothly this process went, etc.

Also, what about time change, if any for Belize? I assume you stayed on ship's time? It's an hour ahead of eastern time, correct?

Archived