Specialty Restaurants on POA

thecruiser85

If you don't drink wine and want to try specialty restaurants ask for the "Passport package" for specialty restaurants. We purchased this for $120 and you can eat at 4. We ate at Tepanyaki, Lazy J (twice) and Little Italy. I would pass on Little Italy if I did it again, but we felt it was a great deal. NOTE: the desserts were great! The fillet at Lazy J, Fillet/Chicken at Tepanyaki were really good. The only reason we did not eat at Jefferson's Bistro was because we messed around making our reservations and didn't get an acceptable time (our fault). So, we ate a Lazy J twice and enjoyed both times.

I don't remember if they had seafood for the main course. I do know they had shrimp cocktail and crab cakes for appetizers. I THINK I remember seeing salmon on their menu. My husband had the crab cakes and he said they were very good. The shrimp on the shrimp cocktail were huge. I don't eat seafood though.

I still haven't decided if we'll buy this package yet. It sounds like a great deal but I'm not sure if I'll want to eat at 4 speciality restaurants. I think we'll decide when we're onboard and have a chance to look at all the menus at the dining table. We're already planning to have 2 dinners off the ship (Maui and Kauai overnights) so not sure if we'll really need to eat at 4 speciality restaurants those 5 other nights.

I still haven't decided if we'll buy this package yet. It sounds like a great deal but I'm not sure if I'll want to eat at 4 speciality restaurants. I think we'll decide when we're onboard and have a chance to look at all the menus at the dining table. We're already planning to have 2 dinners off the ship (Maui and Kauai overnights) so not sure if we'll really need to eat at 4 speciality restaurants those 5 other nights.

Same with us. I just counted and we will only have 5 dinners on the ship. Perhaps one or two specialty restaurants would be best for us.

The package includes the Lazy J Steakhouse, Little Italy, Jefferson's Bistro and East Meets West. You can go to the Teppanyaki instead of East Meet West by paying the difference. I think it was an extra $10 pp. The extra was charged when we used the "passport" at the restaurant. My favorite was the Bistro, least favorite Little Italy.

Does anyone know with the Passport, if you can go to one restaurant twice (or more), or does it have to be specifically the 4 restaurants one time each??

The OP stated that they visited the Lazy J twice. The passports we got in April were laminated cards. Each one had the name of a specific restaurant on it. We were told that we could only use them at the restaurant listed on the card, with the exception of East Meets West. It could be upgraded for Teppanyaki for $10 pp more.

We did eat at Lazy J twice, but that is because we waited too long in making our reservations at Jefferson's Bistro. The way it works is East Meets West (includes Teppanyaki), Lazy J, Little Italy and Jefferson's Bistro are included. If you choose to forfeit one restaurant to eat at another you can do it, but if the normal cover charge is more at the one you choose you will pay the difference. One of the posters above mentioned East Meets West and if you choose Teppanyaki over East Meets West you have to pay extra--that wasn't the case with us. Teppanyaki was and is considered part of East Meets West (or at least it was when we were there).

We did eat at Lazy J twice, but that is because we waited too long in making our reservations at Jefferson's Bistro. The way it works is East Meets West (includes Teppanyaki), Lazy J, Little Italy and Jefferson's Bistro are included. If you choose to forfeit one restaurant to eat at another you can do it, but if the normal cover charge is more at the one you choose you will pay the difference. One of the posters above mentioned East Meets West and if you choose Teppanyaki over East Meets West you have to pay extra--that wasn't the case with us. Teppanyaki was and is considered part of East Meets West (or at least it was when we were there).

Hopefully, it will be the same way when I sail in Nov - thanks for clarifying it for me! I'd like to also skip the Little Italy, but the other 3 sound fantastic. Also, I noticed you mentioned that the desserts were great in your original post-- any specific ones stand out? I'm a sucker for desserts. :D

We just got off the POA this morning! What a beautiful cruise! We had a fabulous time on each of the islands. RE: the specialty dining, we ate in most of them. The best filet mignon is served in the Bistro! Lazy J was okay. We ate breakfast and lunch there when we were not eating off the ship. The Tepenyaki was a really great meal and entertainment! In my opinion, i'd skip Little Italy altogether. We ordered the prim rib both nights at Lazy J and it was over cooked to the point of being tough (ordered it medium). I walked through the buffet and didn't see much of anything that looked good to me. Except for the panini station, that was good.

Archived