Rules for teens...

LoriLinay

Just finished reading the thread about "naughty teens" Sounds like some GOOD parenting is happening. FINALLY!!!

We will be cruising in October for the first time in 2 years, and the kids have blossomed into full fledged teens in that time. (Aged 14-1/2 and 16)

How about imparting some wise rules to me for them....

I'll start...

NO alcohol, under ANY circumstances

NO drugs, or being around anyone doing them. If you are caught with someone doing that, even if you weren't the consequence is the same.

Obey curfew.

Do NOT go into anyones cabin. EVER.

next....

Don't put your drink (soda) down and don't accept a drink from anyone........

Don't bring anyone to your cabin (my kids knew about not going to anyone's cabin, but thought it was ok to bring kids to our cabin! LOL.....they were just watching a movie, but my older son's CD player got stepped on and broken. So, I have learned to be more specific with my rules.;)

If you use walkie talkies, be considerate of others around you. Use vibrate setting if at all possible.

No sitting in the stairways or playing in the elavators- some older people have a hard time getting around (and it's annoying to everyone else).

If you decide to leave an activity (ie-teen center) before the planned time, check in with your parents to let them know where you'll be next. Sometimes my kids would tire of the teen center, go get something to eat and head back to the cabin. We always let them know where we would be so they could find us and let us know. Disney had pagers with text messaging, which was nice. We also used walkie talkies. Also, they could leave a message on the stateroom phone. The teen center would be happy to let them use the phone to do that.

Don't put your drink (soda) down and don't accept a drink from anyone........

Don't bring anyone to your cabin (my kids knew about not going to anyone's cabin, but thought it was ok to bring kids to our cabin! LOL.....they were just watching a movie, but my older son's CD player got stepped on and broken. So, I have learned to be more specific with my rules.;)

With our teens we HAVE to be specific!!!! :rolleyes:

I learned that the hard way, too!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for all of the great suggestions. I have begun to make a basic list. The two will always be together and I have already warned that if I have to be found or spoke to by any parent they will spend the rest of the cruise with me doing what I want rather then having fun on their own..(because mom's idea of fun is NOT the arcade..hee hee)

Sharon - my two 13 y.o.s are boys so I am sure that it wouldn't be cool to actually talk to boys...hee hee especially younger pesty ones LOL It sounds like there are going to be be lots of kids on our cruise, so hopefully all will be able to make new friends.

Chelle

Archived