Anyone recently back from Atlantica?

whatsnext

Yes on the Toga night, but it was on the 2nd deck commons area rather than in the theater. I saw very few people with their togas on. My other experience on the Fortuna it was standing room only and one of those don't miss experiences. My wife thinks that you could use a curling iron, but we are not certain. Our keys were in the cabin and it was ready at 1:30. Costa provide a liquid combination body soap and shampoo. I didn't mean to sound negative in my review, we had a good time, but the Atlantica was nothing like the Fortuna. I do think that the Cruise Director has a lot to do with atmosphere on a ship and the one currently on the Atlantica does nothing but make announcements.

My last Costa experience was on the Mediterrania in 2005. Toga night was a last night tradition started by passangers who put all their clothes in their suitcases and put them outside their cabins and had them taken away before they realized they had nothing to wear to dinner. On our cruise I'd estimate 75% of those in the dinning room were in togas. We had a blast. Cruising over Christmas was our family tradition. But as the kids went off to college, got married, ect. organizing family vacations has become challanging. Honestly, I just want to escape the cold, and spend time with my kids. The price for 4 balcony cabins was too good to pass up. So as long as the ship doesn't sink or run out of foo foo drinks I'll be happy.

2138986792_msu011.jpg.4d59e3180d10c3446b8d744e2e7054f2.jpg

1059641008_msu013.jpg.3d47ddbff99ef1927f16709a01443f2e.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived