Just off Monarch

hfweather

We were on the same sailing (10/18) and noticed the exact same smell going from the pool deck to the Windjammer, it was awful! Thankfully it was only a couple steps but it was rank smelling! The rest of the ship was fine. It's showing it's age but it is still nice. We were luckily upgraded to a Junior Suite and our room was fantastic! Our room steward was awesome. I did notice the food in the Windjammer was very much the same almost every time we went. We only ate in the MDR twice and both times the food was good but the servers were so-so. I've had better. The cruise director was good but not the best we've had but he was good. The game shows and comedians, I totally agree, hilarious!! We had a really good time and would go again on a short cruise on the Monarch but for longer cruises it will definitely be a larger ship. Still loved it though! Don't get me wrong. The drink in the pineapple made everything worthwhile!

The Monarch is a nice ship.. Living in Centra Florida makes it easy for us to get away often for three day weekenders. We enjoy just relaxing in the room and watching movies while on the Monarch. Cocoa Cay nice too. We usully stay on the ship in the Bahamas. I find it to be unclean and the locals appear unfriendly. :):):)

Archived