Planning eastern Caribbean cruise

ladyt

We have been on 3 western caribbean cruises and would like to try the eastern Caribbean. Any suggestions on a 7 day cruise leaving out of a Florida port? We prefer to travel in the spring months. It will be me hubby and 14 year old son. We are beach people and love snorkeling. Thanks for ur help!

We LOVED sailing aboard the Liberty to the Eastern Caribbean. One of the best cruises we've ever taken. It was very relaxing since we had more time at sea (which we love).

The itinerary we took included San Juan, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten. Great history and culture in San Juan, awesome SCUBA diving and beaches in St. Thomas, and excellent shopping in St. Maarten.

Oh, and the Liberty is one of the most beautiful, toned down, and tastefully decorated ships in the Carnival fleet.

We have been on 3 western caribbean cruises and would like to try the eastern Caribbean. Any suggestions on a 7 day cruise leaving out of a Florida port? We prefer to travel in the spring months. It will be me hubby and 14 year old son. We are beach people and love snorkeling. Thanks for ur help!

Great choice! The eastern itinerary is our favorite! St. Thomas, St. Martin, and San Juan are the best places to visit.

:cool:Bill

The Miracle is a great ship that sails from Ft. Lauderdale part of the year. I'm not sure which months she's there. We did an 8 day on the Miracle, to St. Maarten, St. Lucia, and St. Kitts and love it. However, St. Lucia was the only place we did any snorkeling, and it was just "OK". Best snorkeling is in the western Caribbean. The beaches in St. Maarten are awesome, though.

We love the eastern itineraries..our favorite which is why we are cruising the Dream out of Port Cananveral in Jan. It seems to be the only one that stays in port in St. Thomas until 8pm giving you a nice long day if you want to do a private excursion on your own to St. John or Jost Van Dyke (the most BEAUTIFUL!!) and see the island twinkling in lights after dark as you sail away. Great snorkeling and beaches in St. John and St. Thomas. Really good shopping in St. Maarten. Have fun choosing which route you prefer and sit back and relax...aaahhh! By the way, we did the western route this past summer and just didn't think it had the same feel as the eastern caribbean. It's all that you think it should be when you get there. Now, I cannot wait until we are there again...a little over 2mos to go!!

I have been to most of the ports on the eastern side that posters have cited.

If you are into snorkeling (and I assume good swimmers) some of the best snorkeling we have had was in Grand Turk.

And while I really enjoyed my week on Antigua, and think Tortola is lovely, if you are going for the "beach" experience, I would say anything that includes HMC - while I have not been, I have yet to see anything bad on these boards about it. And the pictures speak volumes.

This, ie HMC, is why we picked the Liberty for June. It is my step-son's graduation present and he will love all the beach time. Not to mention a canopy/zip line tour in San Juan. And St. Thomas is always fun. So, we will have 2 beach days and 2 active port days. Perfect!:D

I am in the same predicament as you--four cruises ALL in the Western Caribbean. This next September, we're taking Carnival Valor for a spin in the Eastern Caribbean, to what I think is a nice combo:

Half Moon Cay

San Juan

Grand Turk

St. Thomas

(Not necessarily in that order)

I am *so* looking forward to sailing this itinerary... to get to HMC and NOT have to sail to the Bahamas is a coup for me. I also cannot wait to cruise on the Valor.

Let us know what you pick!!

I second, third and fourth Liberty!! The itinerary is one of the best I've been on so far. Half Moon Cay, St. Thomas, San Juan and Grand Turk. The ONLY thing I would switch out would be to replace San Juan with St. Martin - now THAT would be the cat's meow :D

Archived